Telemarketing Lead Companies

why does every thread trying to discuss a specific prospecting approach need to be hammered with go "door knock". give it a rest already..

Last edited:
JD, I assume you are talking about me again? That conversation never happened. It just didn't. :nah: Why in the world do you feel the need to continue to follow my posts and make up stuff out of the blue?

You say it never happened. Your manager says it did. Now, which one of you should I believe??

Your posts here at the forum reflect exactly what he said. You don't want to go to court on this one. Too much evidence against you.:yes:

You say it never happened. Your manager says it did. Now, which one of you should I believe??

Your posts here at the forum reflect exactly what he said. You don't want to go to court on this one. Too much evidence against you.:yes:

You know, since you just made a terrific case, you've just given yourself a free pass to make up anything about me, so who am I to stop you? You are right, and as inaccurate as I think it is, obviously you know the details of my conversations better than I do. So tell on my friend.. :cool:

My, my... the discussion of court over some agency matter. What a pity.

This should be cause for any agent to think hard, or re-think such an affiliation. There are just too many danged options out there for one to become entangled in such a web. :no:

why does every thread trying to discuss a specific prospecting approach need to hammered with go "door knock". give it a rest already..

Just curious... what would YOU suggest to a person that has
a) NO/LOW MONEY
b) Not been successful with "their company" lead program

but want to "make it" BIG in sales.

The only ways I know to eat in sales (just like dinner) is to buy it or make it.

*Unless, you depend on your Mom or Obama to provide it for you.

Please share with these newbies your wisdom oh sage one, cause I'm not perfect and I'd love to know about the lead fairy that will magically put these hungry new folks in front of prospects.

I'll happily take "a rest" and ignore these guys cry for help, once they get the visit from the fairy.:cool::err:

You're comparing two very different things. Even with you thinking $30 is too much for what you hear in that thread, I stand by everything I said.

You're not comparing apples to apples in price. Apples to apples you're paying more for your EFES leads than the cost of just the lead, you're paying with a piece of the action too. Most EFES agents that are doing well (or even ok) are paying more than $30 per lead when you consider what you're giving up in commissions to have access to those leads. That's like someone offering you an iPhone 4s for $350 and then you tell them you can get a better deal on one if you go straight to verizon; yes, you're upfront cost is lower, but your locked into a contract to pay more on the back end.

If you wouldn't pay $30 for a lead from a guy that said "Yes, someone can come to my house and talk to me about life insurance, but I don't need any", then you're leaving money on the table.

jdeasy, how many times have you walked into the house with someone saying "I'm not going to buy insurance today" and left with a check and the client saying how glad they are you stopped by because they know they needed to take care of that?

LoL, ok somehow this thread has moved in a total diff direction....so let's review.

At this point Im just looking at options & what Im personally willing to do & NOT do based on ME...not anyone else. So u guys all make good points & I appreciate the knowledge, but all of them seem to be saying or assuming Im not considering it or said I said I wont do it.

Josh, Im not new to sales, so I know ppl say "im not buying" or something to that affect....again Im NOT new to sales. So to assume Im just basing my decision I wouldn't buy that lead for $30 just based on that 1 factor is incorrect. My OPINION is THAT lead isn't worth $30, again MY opinion....did I say its not worth anything, no....just not $30 to ME. It was based on the whole call/tone.

Gemini, u make very good points & Ill take that into consideration as well, but again u make them (the tone of the message) as if u assume Im not considering to "learn HOW to fish" myself....I am, right now I was just referring to TL lead companies to see if thats a viable option for me. I AM looking into cold calling, door knocking, EFES mailiers, my own mailers, Im looking at it all....but in this thread I was just referring to TL leads.....but Ive wrote some notes down from your post, thx!

I know all about mindset, and diff options & seeing whats best for me & my personality. To be fair, for the lead being discussed (if that was the norm), I may pay $15-20 for it, perhaps....but $20 is pushing it, and nowhere close to $30.

If u guys WERE NOT assuming any of those things, then disregard most of this, lol....but it sounds like it! Im considering ALL resources, so Im getting info on everything. Josh & perhaps JD now just disagree on the value of THAT ONE lead.

Thx guys!! :yes:

not sure if i hit a wrong button - if this double posts i apologize in advance...

GeminiGroup - could you please post a sample survey that the kids could get filled out?? i like the idea and want to use it and would like as much info as possible from it but not sure where to draw the line?? thanks so much

This is where I direct you to my website for more info ;).

Ok, this is a "player's choice" some folks will want to just form the same question from a "reply card" with or without an appointment time for follow up.

Others will not know "where to draw the line" as you said generally speaking since you won't know what you "really" want until after you develop your "sweet spot" customer from studying the data of those you sold already.....it makes more sense to me to just "piggyback" the least amount of info requested from a "reply card"-type lead.

If you want to customize "your lead" later, guess what since YOU control it you can but you do need some "dirt on your uni" before you make changes to formats that work.

But that ability to be flexible is worth it's wait in gold....think about how quickly you can switch vs waiting for a new mailer to be created AND mailed AND responded to. Whereas, with your own crew you just change from the blue one to the yellow one, or move from this zip to that one, tomorrow if not even later today.

For a one/two man operation it's a great option that almost allows you to throw leads away because you don't need 1000's of leads every week.......but 10-30 and you're in pig's heaven.

*Keep in mind the areas you work
Beverly Hills and Beirut ain't gonna cut it
(unless you use "their kids";))

Most cities are no big deal but watch out for places like Redondo Beach where the cops are there in 10 minutes or San Marino where they want an expensive permit for EVERYTHING.

Don't let this be a big issue, if you get your hand spanked move on some of these small cities/hoa's get pissed when the DirecTV guy puts up the satellite but DirecTV has 19 million customers....keep it pushing there are plenty of places to work.

As a matter of fact people take more pity on "your kids" knocking than your grown grown azz:1tongue:seriously. A young person can say "I'm out here from (local) high school earning money for the high cost of college my manager shows people how to handle the high/hidden cost of (homecoming, sorry couldn't resist..lol) but you get my drift THEY can get away with more then you can AND they will get more doors open than you hands, down.

I had a 15 y.o girl (stop it) that couldn't get anybody to say no, whereas some of the "buff" 17 y.o. boys were better at the door point is they both wrote leads (btw no more 15 y.o. that was a long time ago)

Either way you want a conversation that can be done in less than a couple of minutes...remember you are paying them to shovel the snow from the driveway, you still have to sell the firewood the kid's job is to let you know who which houses have fireplaces that could need wood as long as you can say....
"you spoke to one of our "college bound" kids the other day,right?" you are no longer cold calling or wasting time w/ houses w/o fireplaces for $30-40 bucks a day.

Will you luck out and get more? I've seen some great things happen but i 'll also take the minimum of just getting folks to talk to. I won't even tell you about some of the surprise upsides that happen with some crews.:idea:

Last edited:
You know, since you just made a terrific case, you've just given yourself a free pass to make up anything about me, so who am I to stop you? You are right, and as inaccurate as I think it is, obviously you know the details of my conversations better than I do. So tell on my friend.. :cool:

Listen clown, I didn't make anything up. I told you what the guy said about you. Your posting on the matter backs up what he said.

I gave you the chance to prove it all wrong and you decline. So, go back to whining, it suits you better.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My, my... the discussion of court over some agency matter. What a pity.

This should be cause for any agent to think hard, or re-think such an affiliation. There are just too many danged options out there for one to become entangled in such a web. :no:

That was a joke on my part about court. But, you are right about he should rethink his options. I've already told him that EFES is not the place for him.

Last edited:
Listen clown, I didn't make anything up. I told you what the guy said about you. Your posting on the matter backs up what he said.

I gave you the chance to prove it all wrong and you decline.

Clown? :laugh: I don't know how you want me to "prove it", I don't have an actual recording of the conversation.

But back to the topic, I would have to disagree with some theories on here that say that no lead company is better than another, it is what you do with the leads. If that is the case, what is the point in even buying leads? Why buy leads when the person has no interested and you have to start from square one with everyone? Why not just go to the phone book and start calling or door knocking random people? I think the quality of the lead depends on the qualifying questions that was asked and the level of interest of the leads, I would say that there is a huge difference between the quality of leads of one company over another. Is every lead going to be perfect? No, but there are certainly some that are better than others. That is why I started this post. I would respectfully ask that the name calling and bashing each other in order to make your point be stopped. There is simply no need for it. We are all just agents trying to improve and get better, why else would we be on this forum if we didn't want to succeed?

Back