Telemarketing Lead Companies

Really "Martha"? Can you be more specific? What is this "Telemarketing" thing you speak of? None of us have ever heard of it before!

Yes, FE and Med Supps and Cancer and Indemnity...my agency (at the time) would send out pre-approach letters saying Dear senior, our agent x will be contacting you this coming week to review your insurance. Make sure you have your checkbook readily available when he stops by. (Maybe not those exact words, but close). Sometimes I'd beat the letters by a day.
It was just a cheap way to write some apps.

I know an agent that took this approach a step farther. This was back in the days before the internet but we had city directories that listed residents by street address. The directory also provided information about the resident, age, employer, others members of household , home ownership, etc. He would work a street using his chosen demographics with a generic copy of a letter in hand. When the resident came to the door, he would say, "Mrs. Jones i am calling today to see if you received YOUR copy of this letter? .. No? Well, I need just a few minutes to talk with you about it.. etc. Of course she hadn't received it because he had not mailed any letters. He had absolutely no "lead" investment other than the cost of the city directory (you can do the same thing for free now with a whitepages.com neighbors search..).. and the cost of his gas. He got a sit down interview with about 30% of his contacts and would sell about 50% of those. Led his company several years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Telemarketing lead generation is a really a new concept when it comes to internet marketing. It is the most common way of lead generation.

The very first telemarketing call was made by Alexander Graham Bell. "Watson, have you considered what it would mean to your family if you didn't make it home tonight?" :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm sorry...again? He got a sit down interview with 30% of everyone who opened the door? Ummm....ok.

That is what he said he averaged over the years and I had no reason to doubt him. He led his company several years. When I started in the business, the company formula was 40/15/5.. 40 calls (of any kind .. current client, referral, cold call, etc. ) would result in 15 interviews which would result in 5 sales. Of course, we were talking F2F and not phone calls. I have found that I get a better ratio with F2F but I don't know about anybody else. I also found that when I would honestly make those 40 calls, I would usually wind up with 15 interviews (where I actually ended in asking the person to buy) and closed a little better than 1/3 of those.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That is what he said he averaged over the years and I ahd no reason to doubt him. He led his company several years. When I started in the business, the company formula was 40/15/5.. 40 calls (of any kind .. current client, referral, cold call, etc. ) would result in 15 interviews which would result in 5 sales. Of course, we were talking F2F and not phone calls. I have found that I get a better ratio with F2F but I don't know about anybody else. I also found that when I would honestly make those 40 calls, I would usually wind up with 15 interviews (where I actually ended in asking the person to buy) and closed a little better than 1/3 of those.

Might need to define what those terms mean to me.. A call is where you ask a person for an interview under favorable circumstances (meaning, spouse present if family coverage, all decision makers present if business, undivided attention, no tight time constraints, etc.) An interview is where the fact finding is completed, solutions presented and the prospect is encouraged to take action on those solutions (close) immediately.(an interview may be divided up into two or more meetings with the client.. one to gather the facts, another to present the solution and product but is still only counted as one interview) A sale is where all requirements for issue are completed and the first premium is collected.

Last edited:
YAL? I was told they filed for bankruptcy about 9 months ago? Just like most of the agents who bought their leads!

I will say this about YAL leads. If your buying their leads expecting to make lots of money you better be a very good salesman.

Two or three years ago they used to provide very decent leads for the money. That was when they paid their telemarketers by the hour. Today too many of their leads are absolutely junk. And when they tell you they will replace their obviously junk leads, don't beleive them because they don't. And if they keep telling you; yea we will give you some free leads on the next order. Don't fall for it.

As Mick Fleetwood used to sing, "its time to pick up the pieces and go home"

And for the guy who stated "if you spend $200 dollars and get ten leads and make $500 in premium, thats not so bad"?

I'd hate to see some pics of your girlfriend cuz your way too easy to satisfy.

Last edited:
Back