Telemarketing Lead List Question?

M

mcmillian-1

Hi guys and Gals,

I have a Quick Question, I use a power dialer to make calls for my insurance business and I am having trouble finding a good telemarketing list, can anyone out there recommend any company that they have used and have had much success with?

Please define what is a "good telemarketing list". I have been using them for years but I still don't know what constitutes a "good" one.

In my experience most lists where the company updates their data on a regular basis are pretty much created equal. However, not all people who use them are equal in their experience or expertise.

The problem may be with your phone presentation and or that you are using a "power dialer".

Please define what is a "good telemarketing list". I have been using them for years but I still don't know what constitutes a "good" one.

In my experience most lists where the company updates their data on a regular basis are pretty much created equal. However, not all people who use them are equal in their experience or expertise.

The problem may be with your phone presentation and or that you are using a "power dialer".

A good list would be a company who's data is about 85% good, as far as the info is concern. My power dialer is great no droped calls reach more people then hand dialing numbers. Do you have something aginst power dialers?

The are diffrent types of dialers...mine is a little diffrent.

My script works I just need to get more good records to call thats all, thought I would ask some folks who they are using. Been in the business since 05" Before that I ran call centers in Los Angeles so telemarketing is what I do for a living.

A good list would be a company who's data is about 85% good, as far as the info is concern. My power dialer is great no droped calls reach more people then hand dialing numbers. Do you have something aginst power dialers?

The are diffrent types of dialers...mine is a little diffrent.

My script works I just need to get more good records to call thats all, thought I would ask some folks who they are using. Been in the business since 05" Before that I ran call centers in Los Angeles so telemarketing is what I do for a living.

I have tried several companies and Lead Concepts seems to update their data more frequently than others I have used.

No, I don't have anything against dialers as long as they are used properly by an experienced, knowledgeable agent. They can be a death warrant for an agent inexperienced in telemarketing. Obviously you are not.

Unless an agent has a comfortable, smooth telephone presentation the agent is going to make mistakes. Making calls one right after the other without taking time between calls to reflect upon what happened during that call is not going to correct those mistakes. On the contrary, it is only going to amplify them.

The agent is going to get frustrated because he/she is not having any success and that is going to come across loud and clear to the prospect. I suggest to agents who are new to telemarketing that they stick their finger in the hole and turn the wheel. Take a few minutes after the call to determine what they did right and where they made mistakes before making the next call.

It will dramatically shorten the telemarketing learning curve. It isn't always about the number of calls. If the quality of the call isn't there the number of calls per hour doesn't mean a thing.

You will get the best price/quality with Salesgenie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are you calling residential or business?

Last edited:
Hi guys and Gals,

I have a Quick Question, I use a power dialer to make calls for my insurance business and I am having trouble finding a good telemarketing list, can anyone out there recommend any company that they have used and have had much success with?

I have used 4-5 different companies and the only one that I wouldn't recommend is InfoUSA. I finally just quit using their list because of the bad numbers and they told me to keep calling and they would refund the money for the bad numbers when I purchased the next list.

If you are a MOO agent, they have a deal with USAdata for names as low as 3.5 cents each. NOW THATS A DEAL!!!

Don't let any of them charge you 6 cents per name, and most will try, but you can negotiate.

Which dialer are you using? I use Mojo because it will not move to the next number until you have had time to make notes about you previous call and you can record each call so you can review if necessary. It will also dial 3 numbers at a time. There has been many times where I have gone back weeks later to review a conversation because of forgetfullness or to get information.:)

I have used 4-5 different companies and the only one that I wouldn't recommend is InfoUSA. I finally just quit using their list because of the bad numbers and they told me to keep calling and they would refund the money for the bad numbers when I purchased the next list.

If you are a MOO agent, they have a deal with USAdata for names as low as 3.5 cents each. NOW THATS A DEAL!!!

Don't let any of them charge you 6 cents per name, and most will try, but you can negotiate.

Which dialer are you using? I use Mojo because it will not move to the next number until you have had time to make notes about you previous call and you can record each call so you can review if necessary. It will also dial 3 numbers at a time. There has been many times where I have gone back weeks later to review a conversation because of forgetfullness or to get information.:)
Thanks for your help and I will look into the company. I use the cheetah it lets me make notes and things like that. I try to make 200 to 350 per day so I know I will need some good leads I try and make as many appointments as I can..I do this full time it gives me time to make notes as well and I can set a time when I want it to move to the next call. I bought mine when It will do three things power dialer,auto dialer and voice mail mail attendant.What is MOO I'm sorry I don't know what that is?
You will get the best price/quality with Salesgenie
Are you calling residential or business?
Sorry for the delay in the response residential...with the way the world is today folks are trying to save money.

Last edited by a moderator:
For residential, your best bet would be still salesgenie if you do good amount of calling.

They are over priced, for the amount of money that you spend with them you can go to a re seller and get the same data at less cost. Today someone in the forum sent me a PM and gave me a great source for some data. Infousa, Salesgenie, are overpriced. If you want to get some good leads for the same $180 that you spend with them for like 1,000 data downloads I can send you 5,000 leads age phone number etc. Send me PM and we can talk.:biggrin:

Back