Telesales Options/Opinions

Because just like every other form of sales very very few people have the work ethic and can take rejection daily. Ins sales is a grind day in day out . The truth is the ultimate destination of 98% of successful ins sales people is recruiting. They want to duplicate themselves . The grind gets to most eventually . Driving 500-800 miles a week is the hardest part . But even telesales being in a room all day on the phone 8-10 hrs a day is super tough .
I agree that the majority of people are not cut out for sales, but I think they are the first to know whether or not they have the work ethic, don't like the grind or can't handle rejection. No one has to tell them. However, as longs as they are "trying to do sales", trying to achieve a goal, why discourage them by telling them they should do something else? Anyone who is constantly striving to achieve a desired objective is successful, regardless of how long it takes them. If you and I were born twins and it took me 3 years before I learned to walk, but only took you 18 months, does that make me unsuccessful? It simply took me longer to achieve the same goal. Now, if I stopped trying and gave up entirely on my goal, that is what makes one a failure.
Just because one doesn't progress at the pace we think they should, does not mean they should quit. Hall of Famer Randy Johnson couldn't control his pitch until he was 30 years old.

Hey Guys - Looking for more info on a couple of telesales focused agencies. I think it is coming down to either DigitalBGA or Summit Life Group. Any specific pros/cons for either would be greatly appreciated!

Both of those FMO's are great options, but alas anyone with personal experience would probably feel that they are "airing dirty laundry" to mention any cons - no matter how small they may be.

Where are you at in your FE career? Are you an expert & closer, who doesn't need training, or hand-holding or to be reminded to disposition your CRM (call center basics)?

Or are do you feel you would need mentoring (babysitting), product & sales training?

There are so few actual telesales agencies who are focused on Independent Agents anymore, as it's extremely difficult to remain profitable without the control mechanisms of being a W-2 employee i.e forced to actually call leads, work a full shift, disposition the CRM correctly etc.

Like with DBGA they are the BEST option out there for agents who are truly self-sufficient, but if you are green to FE, don't have the appropriate cash flow to start a business, or have never worked in a phone room (for even a week), or look to others for motivation or want to work 20 hours a week expecting a 40 hr income, it's not the group for you.

Both of those FMO's are great options, but alas anyone with personal experience would probably feel that they are "airing dirty laundry" to mention any cons - no matter how small they may be.

Where are you at in your FE career? Are you an expert & closer, who doesn't need training, or hand-holding or to be reminded to disposition your CRM (call center basics)?

Or are do you feel you would need mentoring (babysitting), product & sales training?

There are so few actual telesales agencies who are focused on Independent Agents anymore, as it's extremely difficult to remain profitable without the control mechanisms of being a W-2 employee i.e forced to actually call leads, work a full shift, disposition the CRM correctly etc.

Like with DBGA they are the BEST option out there for agents who are truly self-sufficient, but if you are green to FE, don't have the appropriate cash flow to start a business, or have never worked in a phone room (for even a week), or look to others for motivation or want to work 20 hours a week expecting a 40 hr income, it's not the group for you.
Well said. I'm with Digital. I think they have the best leads and platform / resources for FE Telesales. Although, if you are a brand new agent and need additional training you may consider finding a mentor or someone who can help with any "hand holding".

Back