The best final expense carrier?

JB82

Might be somewhat of a complicated question but what is everyone’s best final expense product (50-85, 3k-50k) I’m talking the most bang for your buck, most affordable good product that will MOST IMPORTANTLY stay on the books and not get replaced. Everyone’s opinion is welcomed.

Thanks

Might be somewhat of a complicated question but what is everyone’s best final expense product (50-85, 3k-50k) I’m talking the most bang for your buck, most affordable good product that will MOST IMPORTANTLY stay on the books and not get replaced. Everyone’s opinion is welcomed.

Thanks

What you're asking for doesn't exist.

But KSKJ Life comes the closest. I'm sure they get replaced some but FEX is their number 1 IMO by far and their IMO persistency with KSKJ is north of 90%.

They have been my goto for over 6 years. I write over 200 apps a year with them. If I've been replaced and not able to save it I don't know about it.

I have been replaced by agents using the fraternal argument but I've saved all of them that I've known about.

I’d say a mix of
AmAm
Kskj
Prosperity
Snl

No one company is perfect but with those you can make it work.

I’d add Rna to the list with very aggressive underwriting and no ht/wt scale . Kskj not in all states.I’m finding Am Am not as lenient as a yr ago on underwriting. At the end of app many even insignificant medications they ask questions on with a yes/no. That’s no doubt to add ammunition to a contestable claim .

Trinity/Family Benefit is also better than 90% persistency at their highest volume IMO.
I think a factor of having high persistency has to be very competitive rates. Every agent in the business drools a bit when they see their prospect has policies with very high rates. They know they are very likely to have an easy replacement sale. How could that not greatly affect persistency?

And all the stories we have heard about everyone raising rates because of the new accounting rules is proving to be a ruse for the high priced companies to jack up rates.

trans lowered their rates. And are leaving them alone. KSKJ is not raising rates. Trinity/FBL is having a small rate increase. Oxford had a small increase.

The already over priced companies took huge increases.

Trinity/Family Benefit is also better than 90% persistency at their highest volume IMO.
I think a factor of having high persistency has to be very competitive rates. Every agent in the business drools a bit when they see their prospect has policies with very high rates. They know they are very likely to have an easy replacement sale. How could that not greatly affect persistency?

You could say that am am’s rates just ok and I have 95% persistency . I lost 1 at Trinity replaced . It’s very easy to replace any policy . My $10 k $50 and another company that gets in the house $55. “ Miss Jones I can give you $13 k for $68 a month .
$13 a month more for another $3 k . The clients we deal with never calculate the cost per $1000. Then spend 5 mins warning the client to hang up the phone on the other agent , don’t talk to him . If he comes to door tell him to leave or don’t answer it . Believe me happens 1000 times a day .

You could say that am am’s rates just ok and I have 95% persistency . I lost 1 at Trinity replaced . It’s very easy to replace any policy . My $10 k $50 and another company that gets in the house $55. “ Miss Jones I can give you $13 k for $68 a month .
$13 a month more for another $3 k . The clients we deal with never calculate the cost per $1000. Then spend 5 mins warning the client to hang up the phone on the other agent , don’t talk to him . If he comes to door tell him to leave or don’t answer it . Believe me happens 1000 times a day .

Agreed. I don’t care how good a job you did for them today they are sending in more cards and seeing more agents.

Couple years ago I got an email from KSKJ that a client had just called in to stop her draft and inquire about her cash.

I pulled over and called her right then. She picked up the phone on the first ring and said, “oh John, I’m so glad you called”

Tuns out an ORCA agent had replaced KSKJ for $40/mo more by using fraternal against them and scared her.

But his fatal error was throwing her KSKJ policy in the trash, bad mouthing me and telling her emphatically to not have all to me. “Don’t answer the phone if he calls, don’t go to the door if he drops by”.

All that overkill concerned her. We killed the AmMem, got the KSKJ back on the books and jointly filed a DOI complaint.

Back