The best final expense carrier?

I knew that about 10 years ago. Haven't heard about it since. As long as the carrier meets each states' Dept. of Insurance minimums, financials, etc, that's all that matters. Remember when Settler's was rated A- one day and the next day was in receivership? That tells you how important, accurate, and reliable good ole A Best is, doesn't it.

So when the subject came up the other evening I did a quick Google search and posted what Google said.
Greg, Settlers has nothing to do with whether or not you knew that SL did not have a rating. The importance of the rating has nothing to do with your posting a link to something you knew not to be true. You have certainly known it more recently than 10 years ago because you have posted this same argument as to why SL not haven't a rating is not important since then. I have always tried to give you the benefit of a doubt but your post about SL have an A+ Best rating was downright deceptive designed to fool those that might not know any better. :sad:

Todd, Here you go. JD, please don't call this spam, instead call it sharing.

View attachment 7442

And as per google.....
Having two A+ ratings from A.M. Best's Rating and the BBB Review shows the Senior Life Insurance Company is at the top of it's class when it comes their policies. Not only that, but their customer service is known to be some of the best for policyholders.

Google it yourself "what is Senior Life Insurance Company's AM Best Rating"?

Google has this to say about the fastest growing companies... Fastest-Growing US Insurers From 2019 Face Vastly Different Reality In 2020

Google has this to say about the fastest growing companies... Fastest-Growing US Insurers From 2019 Face Vastly Different Reality In 2020

That report has Industrial Alliance on it. They are a Canadian company that bought the Am Am companies a few years back. I had talked to them a while back and they said they were worth 33 billion at the time. And wanted to break into the US market. Looks like they did.

We all need to put our money together and start our own company. I've done the math conservatively. And if we write between 50k to 75k ap we would need about 12 million in non borrowed liquid money. That's if we had 135 as our highest commission (with 20 percent 1 to 5 years, 10 percent 6 thru 10 and 10 percent there after) paid daily, and had the rates at the higher end of mid tier.

And if we didn't use reinsurance.

We would go into the red in the second year. And wouldn't make a profit until the 5th year. This is with using fixed rate investments on the premium and collateral we have in liquid form.

If we offered stocks for the company we could use our agents as investors and help our cash flow. Also if we paid monthly or bi monthly or had really tight underwriting, or 5 year vesting, we could turn a profit in 3 years maybe.

Problem is growth. The more we wrote the more money it would take. So we'd have to control growth for a while.

Whose in with me?? I have about $100 to throw in the pot.

Then we can put to rest who the best carrier is.

Last edited:
Reality... there are no "BEST".

The shifting sands in this business has taught me to always be looking for new carriers or reconnecting with old ones as product changes in offerings and cost.

Sure I have go to's that I like because they give a fair deal at good commission with great back end service to agent as well as clients. And I don't just look for the cheapest on the block. :no:

Boiled down, the best client is the one that pays their premiums and the best carrier is the one they pay them too... the one I put them with. :yes:

I would suggest that every agent use, Plant Them Deep Enough Ins. Co., located in Dirtville, IL. They dig deep to create a space for my clients. :laugh::spinny:

Greg, Settlers has nothing to do with whether or not you knew that SL did not have a rating. The importance of the rating has nothing to do with your posting a link to something you knew not to be true. You have certainly known it more recently than 10 years ago because you have posted this same argument as to why SL not haven't a rating is not important since then. I have always tried to give you the benefit of a doubt but your post about SL have an A+ Best rating was downright deceptive designed to fool those that might not know any better. :sad:

Rouse I explained how I googled it. I was not trying to be deceptive about anything. Why would I do that? I don't know if the google search is true or false, I don't even care if google is right or wrong for reasons explained in the next paragraph. I guess you're saying we can't trust google searches? That's kinda ass backwards don't you think?

You're right, I have posted up here in the last 10 years why the AM Best is not that important. And I used the Settlers going into receivership as further evidence that AM Best is not all that accurate or reliable, and therefore not important. What IS important is for a carrier to pass the state dept. of insurance requirements, minimum reserves, financial health, etc.

I never said I didn't know whether or not Sr Life had an AM Best rating. I've known for years that they didn't think paying AM Best for a ranking was as important as using that membership fee money to grow their business.

Hope that clears it up for you and anyone else.

I have no care of am best rating. especially in auto.. always underwritten by the state, etc.
The state underwrites auto insurance? Really? In all states or just one? Are the states getting into the insurance business now?

The state underwrites auto insurance? Really? In all states or just one? Are the states getting into the insurance business now?

I asked Greg what the GI contract pays at SL. He won’t tell me ?

He claims he doesn’t know,even though he’s just recently contracted 3 new agents on this forum ?

He plays dumb,Gollini says he’s not playing!

Lol !

We know FEX is or was contracting agents with Senior Life.

Please tell us what kind of commission structure you are or we’re able to get agents contracted for ?

Level and GI please ?

Is the GI as earned ?

What’s the GI charge back?

Thanks

Back