The Best Predictive and Voice Broadcast Dialers

Re: Which Predictive and Voice Broadcast Dialers Are the Best?

Voice broadcast is different from your dialer. I'm not a big fan of voice broadcasting, so I'll leave that to others.

I use Vanilla Soft for my dialer. It is a power dialer, not a predictive dialer. I use it because it has a much better crm system then the others you mention. Also, I'm thick-headed and have never figured out how to deal with 3 calls at once, which happens every time I try dialers that dial multiple calls at once.

I also own a working vicidial predictive dialer. Its the least expensive way to go, but, requires the most work to keep up with. It has virtually no crm capabilities, so, for me, it is harder to deal with.

I don't do a lot of calling of random lists. I try to use very targeted lists and try to develop a relationship, not just generate a sale. For instance, as a P&C agent, I call a lot of realtors, looking for referrals. I'm not worried about an overwhelming volume, but I need to track the outcome of the call, the response, and the next step.

The answer to your question lies in how YOU want to use the system.

Dan

dan, which vicidial predictive dialer are you using? i am looking for about 10 to 12 seats.
thanks in advance

I looked into Vanillasoft and was quoted $130 for one person. Cost per person is less as you add more.

What I didn't like about Vanillasoft is that if you reach an answering machine or voice mail you cannot click to play a recorded message and quickly go on to your next call.

CallFire does have the option to leave a pre-recorded message. And there are no costs other than per minute.;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First post self promoting, not suspicious at all!

You're right, I do work at CallFire. However, the reason I'm replying to this thread is because I saw a tweet asking for help finding a service, and it is one that we offer (both that were asked for actually) and have the features requested from the original poster.

Last edited:

dan, which vicidial predictive dialer are you using? i am looking for about 10 to 12 seats.
thanks in advance

I'm not sure I understand the question. Go to vicidial.org and download the software, install it on a spare pc, you are good to go (almost, some configuration involved). For a simpler solution, go to vicidialnow.org and download a full image.

1 seat or hundreds of seats is only an issue depending on your hardware. The software cost is the same, $0.00. You'll spend more on hardware since you'll need phones (can easily use free softphones), computers, headsets, etc. 10-12 is mostly a bandwidth issue.

Realistically, unless you are pretty savvy (i.e., understand databases, how to code, etc), you are probably looking at around $800 to get someone to remotely configure your vicidial server to make it work correctly. No monthly bills outside of the power bill and the phone lines.

Vicidial sounds good on the surface, but the configuration is a nightmare. Once working, it's no big deal. Most of the dialers you 'rent' on the web are vicidial dialers, though perhaps rebranded.

Dan

I'm not sure I understand the question. Go to vicidial.org and download the software, install it on a spare pc, you are good to go (almost, some configuration involved). For a simpler solution, go to vicidialnow.org and download a full image.

1 seat or hundreds of seats is only an issue depending on your hardware. The software cost is the same, $0.00. You'll spend more on hardware since you'll need phones (can easily use free softphones), computers, headsets, etc. 10-12 is mostly a bandwidth issue.

Realistically, unless you are pretty savvy (i.e., understand databases, how to code, etc), you are probably looking at around $800 to get someone to remotely configure your vicidial server to make it work correctly. No monthly bills outside of the power bill and the phone lines.

Vicidial sounds good on the surface, but the configuration is a nightmare. Once working, it's no big deal. Most of the dialers you 'rent' on the web are vicidial dialers, though perhaps rebranded.

Dan
thanks for the reply,
sorry for the confusion, i have made a vicidial box, but it was just a pbx-maybe i missed something. i thought you had made one of the vicidial power or predictive dialers. i have three dialogic cards (D/4PCI-U) gathering dust, looking to put them to use in the next few months.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I looked into Vanillasoft and was quoted $130 for one person. Cost per person is less as you add more.

What I didn't like about Vanillasoft is that if you reach an answering machine or voice mail you cannot click to play a recorded message and quickly go on to your next call.
yes, that would be a very limiting factor. haven't gone all the way through it yet.

-------
oops, i see in the description of vicidial.org, there is suppose to be a predictive/broacast feature. the vicidialnow demo shows only a pbx. guess i know what i will be doing this weekend.

Last edited:

thanks for the reply,
sorry for the confusion, i have made a vicidial box, but it was just a pbx-maybe i missed something. i thought you had made one of the vicidial power or predictive dialers. i have three dialogic cards (D/4PCI-U) gathering dust, looking to put them to use in the next few months.

The dialogic cards aren't usually necessary anymore. I'm running a sexier version of vicidial and for up to 4 or 5 agents it doesn't need any extra hardware, because I have up to 20 at a time on it I added a sangoma timing card (usb) which ran me a whopping $80 with shipping. I paid the techs $125/hr for a few hours of support and it's been running stable for a while now with 0 problems. That all being said, you should be fairly tech savvy to run it, it's anything but a simple process.

Last edited:

The dialogic cards aren't usually necessary anymore. I'm running a sexier version of vicidial and for up to 4 or 5 agents it doesn't need any extra hardware, because I have up to 20 at a time on it I added a sangoma timing card (usb) which ran me a whopping $80 with shipping. I paid the techs $125 for a few hours of support and it's been running stable for a while now with 0 problems. That all being said, you should be fairly tech savvy to run it, it's anything but a simple process.
thanks for the input, kind sir! sangoma timing cards, hmm.... i am getting more from this forum than i get from the 'new' envox and the 'new' dialogic forums combined!

thanks for the input, kind sir! sangoma timing cards, hmm.... i am getting more from this forum than i get from the 'new' envox and the 'new' dialogic forums combined!

If you're looking to get something setup you should send me you're number, I can probably save you a bunch of time and headache.

I'm a single user, dialing 2 hours per day three days per week. I've opted to start out with CallFire. Began my first session today and disconnected after 10 calls. The reason?

No interface to update information, i.e. change the name of the contact person, add a PO mailing address et al.

Did I overlook this somehow or is this feature available in version other than the Lite that I was using.

Does anyone have any others to recommend for a single, light user that would have better CRM features?

I'm a single user, dialing 2 hours per day three days per week. I've opted to start out with CallFire. Began my first session today and disconnected after 10 calls. The reason?

No interface to update information, i.e. change the name of the contact person, add a PO mailing address et al.

Did I overlook this somehow or is this feature available in version other than the Lite that I was using.

Does anyone have any others to recommend for a single, light user that would have better CRM features?

Mojo is the way to go!

Latest posts

Back