Thoughts on Cross-Selling?

FEsalesNC

Expert
I know med supps and FE cross-selling works from reading the forum.

Just curious what your thoughts are on cross-selling and/or prospecting off of FE leads for CI/DI sales??

I realize most people that return a mailer for FE won't be viable prospect for CI/DI but what about prospecting and asking for referrals to their healthy younger family members for it as a door opener and then also fully UW life policies??

----------

Anyone...anyone...

Just curious what your thoughts are on cross-selling and/or prospecting off of FE leads for CI/DI sales??

I realize most people that return a mailer for FE won't be viable prospect for CI/DI but what about prospecting and asking for referrals to their healthy younger family members for it as a door opener and then also fully UW life policies??

----------

Anyone...anyone...

You could easily design a mailer for CI and mail it to ages 40-55 and sell it right.

The message you want to tell is: Major Medical Insurance can still leave you thousands of dollars in debt if you had a heart attack, stroke or cancer. But now there is an easy and affordable way to protect your family. Blah, blah, blah

You can come up with 1,000 variations of this message that would be a better lead for CI sale than a life insurance lead would be.

You could easily design a mailer for CI and mail it to ages 40-55 and sell it right.

The message you want to tell is: Major Medical Insurance can still leave you thousands of dollars in debt if you had a heart attack, stroke or cancer. But now there is an easy and affordable way to protect your family. Blah, blah, blah

You can come up with 1,000 variations of this message that would be a better lead for CI sale than a life insurance lead would be.

Been there, done that. Still waiting for my 1st response.

Rick

Been there, done that. Still waiting for my 1st response.

Rick

Maybe some people have succeeded with a CI DM piece but none of the ones that I have seen try it have done so. We did it when I was with AGLA with the same results you got.. 0...

----------

Anyone...anyone...

Very little opportunity for cross selling the FE market. Especially running FE leads. There will be some chances to sell med sups. Even better if you sell MA. Especially duals.

The top FE producers all seem to stay in their lane and not get side tracked trying to be a jack of all trades.

The only people you will hear about the marvelous cross selling opportunities for the FE agent are FOS marketers.

If you have one telling you that then just ask them to take you out in the field one day so you can see them in action doing this cross selling.:1wink:

Very little opportunity for cross selling the FE market. Especially running FE leads. There will be some chances to sell med sups. Even better if you sell MA. Especially duals.

The top FE producers all seem to stay in their lane and not get side tracked trying to be a jack of all trades.

The only people you will hear about the marvelous cross selling opportunities for the FE agent are FOS marketers.

If you have one telling you that then just ask them to take you out in the field one day so you can see them in action doing this cross selling.:1wink:

I'm pretty sure that the most successful people tend to sell one type of product 90-95% of the time.

Rick

----------

Anyone...anyone...

I get my young clients from my old clients. I get my old clients from my young clients.

Try calling the beneficiary and contingent beneficiary. Get their DOB or age, cell, address, and some basic information about them when you are doing the app. If the client is a senior and the bene is one of their kids they may give you everything you need to profile the whole family including grandkids ages. 5 minutes on Facebook, LinkedIn and Google could pay off as well. All is maybe 10 more minutes talking to your client.

Yeah, I know old school. I am an old guy that learned old ways. Probably better to just buy more leads.

Edit: reading the other responses I have to agree. I still am selling life insurance to everyone. Not cross selling different products.

Bologna! You could sell rx discount cards...:yes:

Back