To Link Or Not To Link?

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hi. How are you? I'm fine.I just ate a chocolate-covered cashew and it was really good. Very large too. I think CVS had a great deal on them.

Anyhow...For those of you who know the answer to this...please chime in. Well...I guess not "chime" in, but offer your opinion.

When I add content to my websites, typically it's an article about 400-700 words. I may link once to my home page, which I guess is a good idea. Heck, I don't know.

But my question is this. Let's say I mention the Dept. Of Insurance in the article. Is it wise to place a link to the DOI website on that phrase? Or is that sucking juice from the article? Or...is it somehow giving a little bit of authority (or something positive) to the article?

I just don't know which is why I'm asking. These cashews are really good. A bit fattening but maybe I'll run in place for a few minutes tonight.

I am try to figure out if i should approve all the spam link comments and do they count as content.....so just been removing the link and approve......who knows.......

my thoughts are at least link to ur home page, and another page on every one of ur articles u post on ur site.

if ur gonna link to another site at least make it no follow, or link to to one of ur own pages with that site as an iframe is an idea to keep them on ur site.

I use a plugin called smartlinks which works to automatically set up internal linking.

External links are no follow and are target blank. I never want someone leaving my site to follow an external link.

Hi. How are you? I'm fine.I just ate a chocolate-covered cashew and it was really good. Very large too. I think CVS had a great deal on them.

Anyhow...For those of you who know the answer to this...please chime in. Well...I guess not "chime" in, but offer your opinion.

When I add content to my websites, typically it's an article about 400-700 words. I may link once to my home page, which I guess is a good idea. Heck, I don't know.

But my question is this. Let's say I mention the Dept. Of Insurance in the article. Is it wise to place a link to the DOI website on that phrase? Or is that sucking juice from the article? Or...is it somehow giving a little bit of authority (or something positive) to the article?

I just don't know which is why I'm asking. These cashews are really good. A bit fattening but maybe I'll run in place for a few minutes tonight.

Linking to your home page will help in increased traffic and also help a little in ranking, but you need to use a keyword or keyword phrase in your link for max. effect, it's called anchor text.

Linking to the DOI neither helps nor hinders your site or blog. It would have a positive effect on the DOI's ranking, but the increase in the DOI ranking probably would be almost unmeasureable, since they are an "authoritative" site and already have plenty of links pointing to them.

Definitely don't want someone leaving the site. I'll have to check on that plug-in.

So if it doesn't help my site, then I think I'll just skip the links to the DOI and other places like that.

By the way...I delete all of the spam comments I get...almost too many to count. I could be wrong, but I can't see a positive in keeping them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back