To Link Or Not To Link?

I generally link to the page that has my form on it and one other page.

I don't want someone who has decided to get a quote to go to my home page. I want them to get right to the form (questionnaire).

Most of my links are to other pages on my site. However, I think that an occasional link to a high authority site like wikipedia or the DOI does help. A link to any insurance-related or finance-related site may help a little.

It makes sense that if I link to site A (my site) and also to site B (the DOI), Google's algorithm may assume that there is some connection between the two sites. I think that this may help your relevancy score.

If I say that my three idols are Mother Theresa, Gandhi and Bob Smith (or link to their sites), you might make certain assumptions about Bob.

Many SEO experts believe that linking out helps. However, every SEO expert is guessing to some degree or another. Nobody really knows besides Google's engineers.

Ok, so, regarding SEO (which is what I assume your getting at), you can learn a lot from the YouTube videos this guy who runs the website service Agent Methods. Search for his username "AgentMethods" on the tube and hes got like 100 or so how-to videos on everything you can think of regarding websites from SEO, analyitics, picking a domain name, using redirects, etc.

From what I know, adding content (and the more content you have) regarding a certain subject can help your ranking on search engines since webcrawlers are looking for your sites content more and more and less on things like META tags and description etc. One-way links are less important than bi-directional (if the DOI linked back to your site).

Hope that helps. If you were only asking whether using DOI will hurt or hinder your article... im going to be pressed to say you might be thinking too much.

Last edited:
Ok, so, regarding SEO (which is what I assume your getting at), you can learn a lot from the YouTube videos this guy who runs the website service Agent Methods. Search for his username "AgentMethods" on the tube and hes got like 100 or so how-to videos on everything you can think of regarding websites from SEO, analyitics, picking a domain name, using redirects, etc.

From what I know, adding content (and the more content you have) regarding a certain subject can help your ranking on search engines since webcrawlers are looking for your sites content more and more and less on things like META tags and description etc.

Hope that helps. If you were only asking whether using DOI will hurt or hinder your article... im going to be pressed to say you might be thinking too much.

Lucky for you Aaron is actually a member of this forum!

Like usual Val is very close to bullseye, and Dean Miller misses it completely.
@Chumps = good post. Using an outside mention builds credibility more than link-ability. Always use 3 links - but like mentioned, it is the word anchoring (as in domain name) that is key.
@whoever - there is NO ONE proclaiming to be an SEO guru, that can be trusted to look at your agenda, rather than their own

Remember thought that exposure on outside websites (especially Insurance ones) is worth more than most keywords and links combined.

To prove the above: I wrote an article years ago showing the tortures of a new prospective life agent. That article is still rampantly floating around today - with no costs or efforts --
See for yourself: Go to Google search and enter "infamous 100 man" - look at the current dates, number of re-publishers (even in broken English Versions) and nice Insurance sources

Remember, there is always more than one and only solution

Hope this helps
Best to You~~~

I still don't understand why people argue about stuff like this...

BTW, look at your signature DIY...

It's pretty obvious who's claiming to be the guru here...

Back