Transamerica-Netspend

Hey all,

Anyone know if Transamerica accepts Netspend in lieu of Direct Express? I've run into a few clients who have their SSI deposited onto Netspend cards and I'm not clear still whether they take it or not. Talked to someone in their service who "thought" they would. I'm not comfortable with "thought" knowing how often Trans likes to amend. Thanks all.

Hey all,

Anyone know if Transamerica accepts Netspend in lieu of Direct Express? I've run into a few clients who have their SSI deposited onto Netspend cards and I'm not clear still whether they take it or not. Talked to someone in their service who "thought" they would. I'm not comfortable with "thought" knowing how often Trans likes to amend. Thanks all.

Netspend has an actual routing and account number... don't use the number on the plastic card... call netspend and get the actual routing and account number for their account... very easy to do... most carriers will take it... i know foresters will not take it

however... if you aren't positive that their SSI money goes directly into this account i would not write the biz... historically netspend users are even worse types of clients than DE clients...

Thanks Ben and Ryan. I've tried that route in past and I've been given a 16 digit account number which Trans rejects as a debit card unfortunately. I figure if they won't take it as a bank draft, will they still take it in lieu of Direct Express since the card is doing the same thing and the SSI benefits are being directly deposited into it.

Thanks Ben and Ryan. I've tried that route in past and I've been given a 16 digit account number which Trans rejects as a debit card unfortunately. I figure if they won't take it as a bank draft, will they still take it in lieu of Direct Express since the card is doing the same thing and the SSI benefits are being directly deposited into it.

no it wont work like the DE card because like ben stated they know if it is a DE based on the first four digits... some carriers will allow that long account number that netspend gives you directly...

no it wont work like the DE card because like ben stated they know if it is a DE based on the first four digits... some carriers will allow that long account number that netspend gives you directly...
They will reject bank accounts starting with 700 which is what NetSpend account starts with. I've tried to slip em by. Don't bother it won't work.
There are other companies that accept the bank account number tho

NetSpend will give you the routing number and the account number over the phone, but once you ask them if they allow an ACH withdrawal (bank draft) they usually say no.

Back