Trouble getting them to the door

Like this..

kjvUcV0.jpg
Perfect!

It’s also the one method of his I quickly abandoned!

I do it all the time. Every house ... I have no idea if it works or not, but what does it cost me? Nothing! And what if it does work and I were to stop?

I've had a few people tell me that Alan Benedict was with Lincoln Heritage. I know he gave a webinar to an LH agency some years ago (I used that webinar as the basis of my schedule and my commitment to that schedule). But back in 2016 when I first got licensed I found Alan in the California DOI website and he only had two carrier appointments: Columbian and AIG. My bet is that he was primarily a Columbian agent and if Columbian wouldn't approve the client he used AIG as a GI back up.

I do not believe Benedict was ever a LH agent. I think he did that webinar and once that webinar was posted on Youtube and he mentioned LH many folks assumed he was with LH. I don't think so, imo.

For the record, I am not opposed to folks who call for appointments. I'm just not comfortable with it and I find myself avoiding it whenever I think to myself "I'm going to call through these leads to see how many appointments I can set." I am much more confident that I will say the right thing when I am face to face. If the OP Is more comfortable with phone, then he should phone.

I do it all the time. Every house ... I have no idea if it works or not, but what does it cost me? Nothing! And what if it does work and I were to stop?

I've had a few people tell me that Alan Benedict was with Lincoln Heritage. I know he gave a webinar to an LH agency some years ago (I used that webinar as the basis of my schedule and my commitment to that schedule). But back in 2016 when I first got licensed I found Alan in the California DOI website and he only had two carrier appointments: Columbian and AIG. My bet is that he was primarily a Columbian agent and if Columbian wouldn't approve the client he used AIG as a GI back up.

I do not believe Benedict was ever a LH agent. I think he did that webinar and once that webinar was posted on Youtube and he mentioned LH many folks assumed he was with LH. I don't think so, imo.

For the record, I am not opposed to folks who call for appointments. I'm just not comfortable with it and I find myself avoiding it whenever I think to myself "I'm going to call through these leads to see how many appointments I can set." I am much more confident that I will say the right thing when I am face to face. If the OP Is more comfortable with phone, then he should phone.
I always thought he was with LH. He mentions LH at 8:09. :yes:

I always thought he was with LH. He mentions LH at 8:09.

He mentions them, and he says he has referred people to them, and that he visited their office in Phoenix (makes sense as his daughter lived there and he would run leads in AZ when visiting his daughter. But if you listed through out that webinar I think it is clear that he is talking to LH agents, but that he himself is not an LH agent.

Like I said, as recently 2016 his only appointments were Columbian and AIG in CA. I heard he is retired from the biz now so I do not know if he has active appointments at this time. Maybe he was appointed with LH In AZ? I doubt it though. I think he was hired by Dave, an LH agency owner to give a talk to his troops. I don't think he was talking to them as a LH colleague. I've probably listen to that webinar 52 times, and the sense I get is that he was a guest speaker, not an LH recruiter/manager/agent.

Spoken like an old debit agent who carried "The Book".. Came in might handy more than once.. :yes:..

Old story, I am an old guy, started with a full 3" three-ring binder. Took three men and a small boy to carry it.

So one cold rainy night I am running back to my truck in Oakland CA. I round the corner and two guys are breaking into my truck. still running I kick the door on one, the other is coming around and I feed him that heavy ass binder and he dropped. Jumped into my truck, ran several stoplights until I was on 580 headed eastbound.

In retrospect, they were probably just teenagers that may have run away. But I was brand new in the business. Fresh out of construction, scared and pissed.

Today, I would toss them the keys, $20 for gas and watch them as I called USAA and filled my claim.

I have a binder now that I have some printed rates and underwriting guides in, in case I have no cell service. Two corners are chewed off from Fn Chiwawas.

Back