True Top Producers?

Don't let Obama know - $300k is excessive according to him you should give at least $200k away to some lazy bum that didn't go to work today.

App volume is for rookies.

Some of the top life agents may only write half a dozen apps a year with an average premium in the millions.

As Bill indicated, what some agents do would give others a complex. High rollers writing $10M+ in annual life premium (perm, not VUL target) are in a league by themselves.

There are over 14,000 MDRT members who earned a minimum of $75k to qualify. Top of the table is in the $500k range. Couldn't find a figure on how many TOT members there are.

Unlike life, health is more service heavy. You're not gonna get a call from a pissed life client who thought lab testing was at the copay. Life clients don't die out of network so the check is cut in half.

Unlike life, health is more service heavy. You're not gonna get a call from a pissed life client who thought lab testing was at the copay. Life clients don't die out of network so the check is cut in half.

There is no comparison between the earnings of top life and top health insurance producers.

Big life insurance producers (usually with Guardian, NW'ern Mutual, NYL or indy) wouldn't get out of bed for what top health producers make.

As Bob said, they might only do five to ten cases a year, but in the advanced markets (buy-sell, estate/business planning, non-qualified deferred comp, etc.) they are LARGE cases...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You're just a sore loser, a dinosaur in a fast changing world.

Maybe The Rabbi is down on you because you're not Jewish...

Last edited:
Do you want the truth or what folks want you to believe?

For starters, "6 figures" is not as common as some would have you believe.

Are there agents earning $1M+?

$10M+?

$50M+?

Yes, but they are so far ahead of the pack you will never run with them.

A local agent donated $100M to build a sanctuary for his church a few years back. He is in a class by himself in all aspects.

So now a question for you. Why do you ask?

The legendary 10M producer at my agency said 'Hi' to me the other day. I wet my pants.

Top agents down here where I am from make about 23 k a year. We don't want to get to far above the poverty level down here. We might miss out on the food stamps and not be able to keep up the payments on our BMW or get our Rolex out of Hock!

There is no comparison between the earnings of top life and top health insurance producers.

Big life insurance producers (usually with Guardian, NW'ern Mutual, NYL or indy) wouldn't get out of bed for what top health producers make.

Agreed. A fantastic health commission is $2,000. Not a lot of opportunities to make $20,000 of a single sale like is possible with life.

Back