True Top Producers?

This is all subjective -

as posted in previous posts by several folks.

Keep in mind, there are many variables that can elevate one to that level - where some may never rise closely to the bar.

I'm a captive agent in my first year with Guardian. In 2012, the top 3 new, inexperienced, agents earned $360,750.77, $229,401.11, and $181,899.68 in life commissions according to the year end standings.

What's really insane to me is that the #2 and #3 new producers earned that much on 10 total lives and 8 total lives. Talk about elephant hunting.

Oh, and hi, I'm new here, but I love all of the advice on the forums. Great stuff.

I'm a captive agent in my first year with Guardian. In 2012, the top 3 new, inexperienced, agents earned $360,750.77, $229,401.11, and $181,899.68 in life commissions according to the year end standings.

What's really insane to me is that the #2 and #3 new producers earned that much on 10 total lives and 8 total lives. Talk about elephant hunting.

Oh, and hi, I'm new here, but I love all of the advice on the forums. Great stuff.
Welcome to the forum. It would be interesting to know the background of those agents prior to entering the business. Were they working their so called warm market form their Project 100? :skeptical:

App volume is for rookies.

Some of the top life agents may only write half a dozen apps a year with an average premium in the millions.

As Bill indicated, what some agents do would give others a complex. High rollers writing $10M+ in annual life premium (perm, not VUL target) are in a league by themselves.

There are over 14,000 MDRT members who earned a minimum of $75k to qualify. Top of the table is in the $500k range. Couldn't find a figure on how many TOT members there are.

All life and health sales are not created equal. There are some life products such as section 79 tax mitigation built on life chassis can yield $30,000 in one closed deal, not to mention the annuity market, what these guys have figured out, is not the app volume but the asset size of the deal, hunting for the white elephant. Can't have linear thinking in this business, but a quantum outlook.

Back