Using Phone or Tablet for Quotes?

I am curious how many here use a smartphone or a tablet or Ipad to run quotes while in the home? With 4g and software that keeps coming out that work without an internet connection, just a good cell reception, have any found it a good or bad thing? Any Pros and Cons?

Old-fashioned here.

After picking the company based on the prospect's health history, I manually calculate the premium as opposed to depending on technology to determine pricing.

Worrying about whose rates are lowest is pointless without properly field-underwriting first.

Once I know their health history, I am usually left with 2 or 3 carriers to select from.

IE -- let's say they have COPD and take treatment for it. If they smoke, I put them with Americo. If they don't, I put them with Transamerica.

If they are healthy, I put them with my bread and butter carrier.

If I sense I may be shopped, I pull out Lafayette.

Basically, after writing hundreds of apps in various underwriting situations, I know which carriers offer the best options, and pick the one, generally, that is most competitively priced.

Rearden, how is Lafayette to work with?

A pain in the ass relative to your typical FE company.

Lafayette's FE plan is more of a non-med type final expense plan.

The POS interview does not conclude with a decision.

The Rx list is tight, and you have to make sure you follow it to the tee.

Lastly, always submit your Lafayette applications with either a voided check or a copy of the payor's bank account information on bank letterhead; Lafayette will NOT accept checking account or savings account information WITHOUT either of the above.

With that said, Lafayette has GREAT paid-up plans in addition to great life-pay rates. Once you get the hang of them, they are a good niche carrier.

A pain in the ass relative to your typical FE company.

Lafayette's FE plan is more of a non-med type final expense plan.

The POS interview does not conclude with a decision.

The Rx list is tight, and you have to make sure you follow it to the tee.

Lastly, always submit your Lafayette applications with either a voided check or a copy of the payor's bank account information on bank letterhead; Lafayette will NOT accept checking account or savings account information WITHOUT either of the above.

With that said, Lafayette has GREAT paid-up plans in addition to great life-pay rates. Once you get the hang of them, they are a good niche carrier.

Good to know. I don't hear of many agents willing to deal w/ them. Guess these are some of the reasons why. Thanks.

A pain in the ass relative to your typical FE company. Lafayette's FE plan is more of a non-med type final expense plan. The POS interview does not conclude with a decision. The Rx list is tight, and you have to make sure you follow it to the tee. Lastly, always submit your Lafayette applications with either a voided check or a copy of the payor's bank account information on bank letterhead; Lafayette will NOT accept checking account or savings account information WITHOUT either of the above. With that said, Lafayette has GREAT paid-up plans in addition to great life-pay rates. Once you get the hang of them, they are a good niche carrier.

They recently made great improvements to their FE app too. Not a company you can put the majority of FE cases with but the best price buster in the biz for really currently healthy seniors who may have had issues like cancer, heart attack or stroke 2+ years ago or have non insulin diabetes now.

Non-smoker rates for cigars, pipes, chew, etc. too.

Plus they have the right idea on their KY replacement form. I don't know if JD has seen the new one but he will approve of it.

They recently made great improvements to their FE app too. Not a company you can put the majority of FE cases with but the best price buster in the biz for really currently healthy seniors who may have had issues like cancer, heart attack or stroke 2+ years ago or have non insulin diabetes now.

Non-smoker rates for cigars, pipes, chew, etc. too.

Plus they have the right idea on their KY replacement form. I don't know if JD has seen the new one but he will approve of it.

I haven't seen it and I doubt I will. But if they are just following the Ky law that would separate them from 1 Star.

I don't write LL because they have a mandatory POS interview but don't give a decision at the end of the call. I won't write any company that does that.

But, even if they give a decision I wouldn't write them. They are far too strict on underwriting with all the cumbersome rules added in. If a person could qualify for LL then they easily qualify for RNA's EL or Trinity's FU. LL is not beating those rates and those companies are far easier to work with and they both follow the Ky law on replacements to the letter.

Forgive me. But can you start a new thread on Lafayette?
Im still trying to get some answers on the tablets, smartphones, What are people using?

Forgive me. But can you start a new thread on Lafayette?
Im still trying to get some answers on the tablets, smartphones, What are people using?

If you stay around on the forum, you will get used to the squirrel chasing. Every thread eventually goes off in a dozen directions but usually somewhere in the mess, the OP will get the answers they are searching for. :yes:

I have a Droid phone that i use to access FEXquotes for rates. It will also access my Dropbox where I have rate cards, underwriting guides, etc. I also use a Windows based tablet but only use it for illustrations if I am talking to someone about UL products.

Back