Using Phone or Tablet for Quotes?

Forgive me. But can you start a new thread on Lafayette?
Im still trying to get some answers on the tablets, smartphones, What are people using?

All right Mr. Bossy. If you've not noticed it doesn't take long for the FE threads to become derailed.:twitchy: We have a very short attention span.

Since you really want to know. I use multiple devices. I have my Verizon Broadband that I carry with me, my smartphone and an Asus Tablet with Windows 8.1.

I used to use my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but my son got the Asus for Christmas last year and it was a little advanced for a 7 year old.

I like the Asus better with the regard that I can split the screen and run full Windows programs. I carry everything on it. Apps, agent guides, Rx lists, you name it. I also use FExQuotes for my rates.

I've got all my files on Microsoft OneDrive in the cloud and everything I put on my office PC shows on my tablet. Once I scan a clients file into the computer for faxing it shows up on my tablet in the corresponding company/client file.

It makes things easy when a client calls asking what their draft date was again or if you need to call a carrier, you've got the application right in front of you.

I also carry a wireless printer in my car that I can print out any forms that I need but don't regularly carry, I can scan and send from my car to the carriers as well.

BTW, I'm home today playing Assassin's Creed Rouge.

Last edited:
Forgive me. But can you start a new thread on Lafayette? Im still trying to get some answers on the tablets, smartphones, What are people using?

You're new here huh?

I use my iPhone and IPad on most every appointment.

Just ordered the monster size iPhone so may be able to skip the iPad more often.

All right Mr. Bossy. If you've not noticed it doesn't take long for the FE threads to become derailed.:twitchy: We have a very short attention span.

Since you really want to know. I use multiple devices. I have my Verizon Broadband that I carry with me, my smartphone and an Asus Tablet with Windows 8.1.

I used to use my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but my son got the Asus for Christmas last year and it was a little advanced for a 7 year old.

I like the Asus better with the regard that I can split the screen and run full Windows programs. I carry everything on it. Apps, agent guides, Rx lists, you name it. I also use FExQuotes for my rates.

I've got all my files on Microsoft OneDrive in the cloud and everything I put on my office PC shows on my tablet. Once I scan a clients file into the computer for faxing it shows up on my tablet in the corresponding company/client file.

It makes things easy when a client calls asking what their draft date was again or if you need to call a carrier, you've got the application right in front of you.

I also carry a wireless printer in my car that I can print out any forms that I need but don't regularly carry, I can scan and send from my car to the carriers as well.

Wow. I can imagine how all this contributes to your success when door knocking. If you can just get in the door, you have EVERYTHING you need right there.

I am curious how many here use a smartphone or a tablet or Ipad to run quotes while in the home? With 4g and software that keeps coming out that work without an internet connection, just a good cell reception, have any found it a good or bad thing? Any Pros and Cons?

I'm not smart enough to use a smart phone. I use a legal pad and company rate sheets(already figured). I don't worry about internet connections or reception.:err:

What brand/model printer do you use?

That's awesome that you do all that. I can't even understand it with your writing it out. Probably not as complcated as it seems but it's far too complicated for me.

I wish I did know to do all that stuff. I'm too old school to learn new tricks now.

Back