Why are most insurance agents politically conservative?

Which side of the political spectrum do you lean towards?

• Far right (Ultra conservative)

• Mid right (Conservative)

• Centrist (Maybe a little left or right but mostly centered)

• Mid left (Liberal)

• Far left (Ultra Liberal)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think this is obvious, but I'm curious about your thoughts. What are your reasons for being conservative? If you're not conservative, tell me about that experience in the industry.

Most are over 50, which in itself tends conservative. Some come from conservative regions of the country. Some may start out centrist, but too beat down and turn pro-conservative from too much government regulation.

I think this is obvious, but I'm curious about your thoughts. What are your reasons for being conservative? If you're not conservative, tell me about that experience in the industry.
I think when you deal with insurance, you generally have to have your feet planted firmly in reality: what works, what doesn't, real risks, real consequences, etc. The fantasy world where men can get pregnant and anybody can do anything if they just dream big, just doesn't work in the cold hard real world.

Last edited:
We had 1 closeted (but obvious) gay guy.

giphy.gif

200w.gif

I think when you deal with insurance, you generally have to have your feet planted firmly in reality: what works, what doesn't, real risks, real consequences, etc. The fantasy world where men can get pregnant and anybody can do anything if they just dream big, just doesn't work in the cold hard real world.

You make a good point; I grew up in a very liberal community. I have asked many liberals what their main gripes are with conservatives, and what is almost always at the top of the list is "Lack of empathy." Maybe what they really mean is "The ability to see reality and speak the truth.", however difficult the truth may be to hear at times..

Define "most" . . .

No problem.. Definition of Most: "The majority of"
Used in a sentence: "Most of the insurance agents in the world are conservative."

Last edited:
If someone says they're socially liberal (US version), and fiscally conservative, I'm not sure what that means, or what they think it means. The only way to encourage, and adopt socially liberal programs is through massive quantities of money, which takes tax revenue.

What do you mean by that? When I hear “socially liberal”, it means that the person likes/tolerates racial minorities and/or gays. That is clearly not some in this forum.

If someone says they're socially liberal (US version), and fiscally conservative, I'm not sure what that means, or what they think it means. The only way to encourage, and adopt socially liberal programs is through massive quantities of money, which takes tax revenue.

Typically, "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" has meant someone who is wary of gov't debt and spending and also wary of the government restricting access to voting rights, abortion, etc.

Socially liberal does not mean one supports spending on social welfare programs. Such a person would not be fiscally conservative.

In my opinion, most libertarians would be fiscally conservative and socially liberal as most folks understand that particular combination of political opinions.

Latest posts

Back