Why Did You Decide to Get into the Insurance Industry?

The best job I ever had was being dismantled by the Bush administration.

I had been pretty much a lone wolf and was then faceed with going to work for the man, moving 100's of miles from home or I could get into insurance with the promise that I could maintain lone wolf status. I did nnot like insurance companies nor want to deal with them on a daily basis.

I wonder every day if I chose right.

The best job I ever had was being dismantled by the Bush administration.

I had been pretty much a lone wolf and was then faceed with going to work for the man, moving 100's of miles from home or I could get into insurance with the promise that I could maintain lone wolf status. I did nnot like insurance companies nor want to deal with them on a daily basis.

I wonder every day if I chose right.

Dayum j,

Must have been one hell of a job you had before insurance.

Whats the toughest part of the biz for you?

Dayum j,

Must have been one hell of a job you had before insurance.

Whats the toughest part of the biz for you?

The toughest part of the job for me is dealing with the insurance companies and putting up with their BS.

The best job I was referring to was as a field coordinator for the AfL-CIO Applachain Council. I coverd pretty much all of Ky, most of In. and parts of southern Il and west Tn.

The headquaters were in Charlston, WV but I only went there twice in 11 years. I always considered Ron Cyrus, {Billy Ray's Dad and Miley's grandad}, to be my "boss" although he wasn't wasn't in charge of my daily activities. But my boss didn't hire me, Ron did. And my boss couldn't fire me without going through Ron.

Once that was shut down I could have stayed with the union in benefits administration or arbitation or organizing but I would had to move to either Pittsburgh or the Akron, Ohio areas. I didn't love the work that much.:biggrin:

That's really uplifting! I'm glad it worked out for you :-) And happy 42 year anniversary.

As senior editor, I don't get to wear ties either...

I assumed from your username and avatar that you are a woman.....Do you wear many ties?

For me I had moved 2 hours away from my family following a woman. I was looking for a job and responded to a Bankers life ad that made it sound like I would be an assistant in the office didn't turn out that way....That was 14 years ago I still love what I do.

I assumed from your username and avatar that you are a woman.....Do you wear many ties?

For me I had moved 2 hours away from my family following a woman. I was looking for a job and responded to a Bankers life ad that made it sound like I would be an assistant in the office didn't turn out that way....That was 14 years ago I still love what I do.

The things we do for women. If a man really loves a woman she can control him.

Back