Why is $50mp and $10,000 the average in FE?

Well our folks desperately need what we sell, but if you show too low a number off the start, they will go for it and be underinsured or keep sending in cards/filling out requests online to get more coverage and we risk replacement.

I need to get them the max death benefit they can afford without going too high and causing a lapse.

Maybe squeeze was not the right word, but it’s still the right concept.

I see. You're trying not to leave any $$$ on the table.

We always show the time & money pickem'

Julie, this plan may be what you need if you died tomorrow - $15k for $60 per month

You may need this plan in 5 years with inflation and all - $20k for $80 per month

If you live a lot longer - you may be okay with the $25k plan for $100 per month

You know, we just can't predict the cost of your funeral years down the road, can we?

Now Julie, which plan is better for you today and who would you like to get the insurance money?

You know, we just can't predict the cost of your funeral years down the road, can we?

You might wish to add more to the conversation than just about the cost of the funeral. To be honest who really cares if the funeral home gets paid... but just about everyone wants a loved one to get paid.

Money is easier to sell when the one buying it sees it as a gift to someone they care about as opposed to someone they don't even know.

You might wish to add more to the conversation than just about the cost of the funeral. To be honest who really cares if the funeral home gets paid... but just about everyone wants a loved one to get paid.

Money is easier to sell when the one buying it sees it as a gift to someone they care about as opposed to someone they don't even know.

This part is the close - we've already been talking.

What does an average house cost? What does an average car cost? How many of you live in a house that is the average price? How many drive a car that is the average price? Not many. Cars cost from under $15,000 to $250,000+
Houses cost from under $10,000 to Mega millions.
FE premiums range from $20 to $450+
Why focus on averages? Each case stands on it's own.

What does an average house cost? What does an average car cost? How many of you live in a house that is the average price? How many drive a car that is the average price? Not many. Cars cost from under $15,000 to $250,000+

Just make 'em a customer. =)

Yeah yeah we are all special ;).

Personally, I like knowing what an agent's average premium is. It is my job to help them be as profitable as possible in order for longevity. If I have an agent that writes an average of $30/app its pretty clear that he/she won't make it long term if they are buying leads. Also, in my experience if an agent's average is anything less than $50, they have a process issue that can be fixed to help them capture more premium per sale without sacrificing quality of business.

I think that $65-$75 is a very reasonable expectation for a solid agent.

Back