Working TM Leads Day 2

And it was stolen from JD and then tweaked a bit.... But why follow what is proven to get you in the door. It never amazes me why agent DO NOT make money in this business.

K.I.S.S. Especially when someone is new. The simpler the better...can't get much simpler than that script.

K.I.S.S. Especially when someone is new. The simpler the better...can't get much simpler than that script.

It is super funny to me and is no surprise why agents don't survive in this business...

I have guys that buy plain Jane leads... No age or income is asked. Then I get the agent that returns the lead and say's "the person is 78 and my cap is 77"

Ok I am fine with returns, but seriously you have someone that wants the info and you won't do business with them cuz they aren't in your age range? Second how did you know if you didn't go to there home... oh it's cuz you pre qual on the phone...

Of course I will replace it because it's not in the desired age range but, it's a valid lead and you won't sell it.... The most successful agent I have seen almost never return leads, it's because they will sell everyone that shows some interest...

Spoiled, selfish agents fail every time over time.

Just ask Gooner.

It is super funny to me and is no surprise why agents don't survive in this business... I have guys that buy plain Jane leads... No age or income is asked. Then I get the agent that returns the lead and say's "the person is 78 and my cap is 77" Ok I am fine with returns, but seriously you have someone that wants the info and you won't do business with them cuz they aren't in your age range? Second how did you know if you didn't go to there home... oh it's cuz you pre qual on the phone... Of course I will replace it because it's not in the desired age range but, it's a valid lead and you won't sell it.... The most successful agent I have seen almost never return leads, it's because they will sell everyone that shows some interest... Spoiled, selfish agents fail every time over time. Just ask Gooner.

Pretty sure I've never returned a lead...also pretty sure I've only listened to the very first recording...not to hear the lead, but to hear your goofball self on the recording...

----------

Just reread ^^^ that post. To be perfectly clear...I agree 100% with you

Pretty sure I've never returned a lead...also pretty sure I've only listened to the very first recording...not to hear the lead, but to hear your goofball self on the recording... ---------- Just reread ^^^ that post. To be perfectly clear...I agree 100% with you

That was my point you have the highest return on investment with these leads, as do other top agents

Just thought I would share how I did. Some input on what you think and some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 lady her grandchildren picked up and hung up on me. I will be going to door knock her tomorrow.

1 husband and wife I will see on Wednesday at 12pm. They are looking for health insurance. The husband is 60 years old. Their budget for life insurance is 100.

1 guy told me to return on March 15th because he doesn't get paid until then and he didn't want to give me his banking information. Not a problem. He has a lot of life insurance and is just paying too much. I'm trying to lower his cost.

1 Guy told me to call back at 7 but I haven't been able to reach him so I may door knock him as well tomorrow.

1 Guy told me he was working so to call him back tomorrow morning. I told him I would speak to him tomorrow at 11am. I figure I'd go door knock him. He didn't quite remember getting a call from anybody regarding life insurance but when I mentioned his password he said it was his dog's name. That seemed to sort of jog his memory.

1 other guy told me he doesn't want it after I gave him three options over the phone. He called me a crook since the life insurance was too expensive and then asked me to send him a brochure... which didn't make any sense.

So far that's as many people I have reached in the past two days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I may be doing it wrong but I'm giving them three premium options for life insurance. I know normally you try to simply book the appointment but I'm not certain if these are warmer leads so to just go for it. I also ask a few health questions. I'm still new at this hence my rookie title. Thank you in advance. I know I'm messing up and it's a process to be great in this.

Stop everything you're doing and start over. You need help! Reach out to your up line. You can be fixed, but you have to be fixed to make it. What you're doing won't work! I don't care if you're using plain Jane. Leadzhub. My leads. DM. Or referrals. ..... what you're doing won't work.

Just thought I would share how I did. Some input on what you think and some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 1 lady her grandchildren picked up and hung up on me. I will be going to door knock her tomorrow. 1 husband and wife I will see on Wednesday at 12pm. They are looking for health insurance. The husband is 60 years old. Their budget for life insurance is 100. 1 guy told me to return on March 15th because he doesn't get paid until then and he didn't want to give me his banking information. Not a problem. He has a lot of life insurance and is just paying too much. I'm trying to lower his cost. 1 Guy told me to call back at 7 but I haven't been able to reach him so I may door knock him as well tomorrow. 1 Guy told me he was working so to call him back tomorrow morning. I told him I would speak to him tomorrow at 11am. I figure I'd go door knock him. He didn't quite remember getting a call from anybody regarding life insurance but when I mentioned his password he said it was his dog's name. That seemed to sort of jog his memory. 1 other guy told me he doesn't want it after I gave him three options over the phone. He called me a crook since the life insurance was too expensive and then asked me to send him a brochure... which didn't make any sense. So far that's as many people I have reached in the past two days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I may be doing it wrong but I'm giving them three premium options for life insurance. I know normally you try to simply book the appointment but I'm not certain if these are warmer leads so to just go for it. I also ask a few health questions. I'm still new at this hence my rookie title. Thank you in advance. I know I'm messing up and it's a process to be great in this.

Ouch... ^^^ This made me cringe a bit when reading. Quoting over the phone when attempting to do field sales? Seriously who are you contracted with? Which IMO?

TBH if your upline didnt properly teach you what to do with something so basic, you need a new one imo. How could they not have taught you how to call your leads for appointments???
GL man

He's an "independent" life insurance agent like most of the guys that come one here. Independence has a cost and that cost is "no-place to get hand holding" or even adequate training.

Heck, everything I learned, I learned from reading The Insurance Forums!:yes:

I seriously hope you're kidding about the "get a new up line" comment for a guy that is in a business where HE is responsible for HIS own training!

----------

That appointment setting script is wayy too long!:yes:

You need to give more detailed info over the phone

The more you tell - the more you sell

Maybe quote them 6 or 7 options over the phone from a couple carriers

Make sure also to tell them that your passion is helping people

Back