Working TM Leads Day 2

The phrase "get a new upline" is a joke . Sure an upline can answer some questions and maybe even do a ride along. But for most new People who need hand holding from day one most of these independent Imo's on here can't provide the hand holding many need. Getting handholding requires having lower commission .%'s. Instead of 110% maybe 80-90%.

He's an "independent" life insurance agent like most of the guys that come one here. Independence has a cost and that cost is "no-place to get hand holding" or even adequate training.

Heck, everything I learned, I learned from reading The Insurance Forums!:yes:

I seriously hope you're kidding about the "get a new up line" comment for a guy that is in a business where HE is responsible for HIS own training!

----------

That appointment setting script is wayy too long!:yes:

Has anyone worked voiceleads appt leads? They say they ask for all of their medications. Sign me up for a lead that goes over medications. Ha

The phrase "get a new upline" is a joke . Sure an upline can answer some questions and maybe even do a ride along. But for most new People who need hand holding from day one most of these independent Imo's on here can't provide the hand holding many need. Getting handholding requires having lower commission .%'s. Instead of 110% maybe 80-90%.

You and I agree on this! Unfortunately, most agents don't quite get it and when the say "call your up-line", they're serious!

You and I agree on this! Unfortunately, most agents don't quite get it and when the say "call your up-line", they're serious!

Or call sales support/an underwriter. They are usually some of the most patient, knowledgable people in final expense. I've never waited more than 5 mins to get ahold of someone. All other stuff is just trial and error. Just never stop pounding the pavement.

Or call sales support/an underwriter. They are usually some of the most patient, knowledgable people in final expense. I've never waited more than 5 mins to get ahold of someone. All other stuff is just trial and error. Just never stop pounding the pavement.

I highly agree with you. The underwriting teams, I need to get their numbers and really ask them more questions then. I agree though to just keep moving forward. There's no better way to keep learning anything than to practice. I try to do something and then figure I should just go over with other like-minded people who have done this.

That additional 20-30% haircut always seems to be recommended by the "more experienced agents" on here who are now QUASI-recruiters with links to their "training" in the signature.

Learn most from pounding the pavement followed by asking experience based questions here on the forum and then sift through lrecommendations to try when you get back to pounding the pavement.

I highly agree with you. The underwriting teams, I need to get their numbers and really ask them more questions then. I agree though to just keep moving forward. There's no better way to keep learning anything than to practice. I try to do something and then figure I should just go over with other like-minded people who have done this.

Yeah. Keep pounding the pavement and something will happen. Hit on enough doors, talk to enough people and you will be in the right place at the right time with the right person/couple.

I don't recruit nor will I ever. But I do think jumping into Fe can be overwhelming in everything from learning the different co's,to how to secure leads and make appts to presentations. Giving up 20-30% commission for 3-6 months to speed track your learning curve and have a mentor available to hold your hand is not only a small price to pay for possibly a long term career but I think increases many agents chances at success .Sure a few self starters need no hand holding but the majority do.Throw in the first yr of chargeback hell and the % who make it are slim so any type of help to improve the odds are needed.

I don't recruit nor will I ever. But I do think jumping into Fe can be overwhelming in everything from learning the different co's,to how to secure leads and make appts to presentations. Giving up 20-30% commission for 3-6 months to speed track your learning curve and have a mentor available to hold your hand is not only a small price to pay for possibly a long term career but I think increases many agents chances at success .Sure a few self starters need no hand holding but the majority do.Throw in the first yr of chargeback hell and the % who make it are slim so any type of help to improve the odds are needed.
Just make sure to place your business with all 115-120s if you are new. You need all the money you can get when you are starting out to have more opportunities. That money CAN NOT be going to a hand holder .IMHO

Last edited:
I disagree. Sure taking 45-55% is suicide with LH. But taking 85-100% for 3-6 months are so with releases up front to speed your learnin curve could be huge for securing success.Education costs

Back