Americo and Mib

rebhchad

Expert
had a client buy 5k policy, was a smoker, answered all the health questions no, so he was UP1..

well long story short I get a email from americo saying his face amount is 2250 because of his mib report.. well now im going to have to go see him again, and fax the sheet to get his mib report and go over it with him to see if he actually qualifies for UP1 or not.. they have him on a UP111 as of now, and not sure why..

has anybody had this problem before? the guy at americo said he could get a doc statement if all is good, but seems like a headache to me.

had a client buy 5k policy, was a smoker, answered all the health questions no, so he was UP1..

well long story short I get a email from americo saying his face amount is 2250 because of his mib report.. well now im going to have to go see him again, and fax the sheet to get his mib report and go over it with him to see if he actually qualifies for UP1 or not.. they have him on a UP111 as of now, and not sure why..

has anybody had this problem before? the guy at americo said he could get a doc statement if all is good, but seems like a headache to me.

Time to look at placing him with another company... He should have some idea what the MIB hit was.

I always ask my clients if they went to the hospital or the emergency room in the past 3 year.

I also ask them to go get all the medication bottles they have, even if they haven't taken the medicine in a couple of years.

Figure out what the problem was and go back and re-write them with a better carrier.

5 Star has one of the best priced Graded products on the market.

SNL only does a script check.

Aetna takes the client for his word on their POS interview but they don't pay if the client is under 60!

Field underwriting takes time to learn. If you PM me, I will gladly send you my Ph number and we can talk...

Doug

I always ask my clients if they went to the hospital or the emergency room in the past 3 year.

I also ask them to go get all the medication bottles they have, even if they haven't taken the medicine in a couple of years.

Figure out what the problem was and go back and re-write them with a better carrier.

Aetna takes the client for his word on their POS interview but they don't pay if the client is under 60!

Field underwriting takes time to learn. If you PM me, I will gladly send you my Ph number and we can talk...

Doug

thanks, and yes I agree with underwriting takes time... pm sent

Doug

^^^^this^^^^ if over 60...amcon...IMHO

^^^^this^^^^ if over 60...amcon...IMHO

he is 64.. as of now im only with settlers, americo, assurity, and trans. and mainly only been dealing with settlers and americo.. but im fresh to the fe life.. can only go up from here.

he is 64.. as of now im only with settlers, americo, assurity, and trans. and mainly only been dealing with settlers and americo.. but im fresh to the fe life.. can only go up from here.

Get American Continental....for just this kind of emergency...that's a foghorn leghorn reference, for my buddy JG

Get American Continental....for just this kind of emergency...that's a foghorn leghorn reference, for my buddy JG

thanks for all the info guys.. im still learning some things.. im trying to be a sponge on the board here

You must have checked the box on the first page of the application that allows the underwriter to place the prospect in any plan that they qualify for.

I never do this. In my opinion, this just gives them the option to bump a UP1 to a II or III if the applicant has health issues.

Back