The Famous "Free WAL-MART Gift Card" Lead Card...

JAF77

Im sure most of us have ran across this lead card in the file or had an IMO that used this lead card. Ive always been curious how they got WAL-MART to allow this, unless they had to pay them to use their name or theyre just doing it illegally. Early in my FE career I was with a "FREE" lead program (I learned how much income I was misssing after a few years not buying my leads) and wrote a good amount of business off them. I was aways taught to tell the IMO they wanted their card and theyd handle it, so I just told the client it takes a few months.:err:

Last year I got a flyer in the mail from this same IMO about Final Expense with a lead card to fill out and a free "Dollar General" gift card...

Im sure most of us have ran across this lead card in the file or had an IMO that used this lead card. Ive always been curious how they got WAL-MART to allow this, unless they had to pay them to use their name or theyre just doing it illegally. Early in my FE career I was with a "FREE" lead program (I learned how much income I was misssing after a few years not buying my leads) and wrote a good amount of business off them. I was aways taught to tell the IMO they wanted their card and theyd handle it, so I just told the client it takes a few months.:err:

Last year I got a flyer in the mail from this same IMO about Final Expense with a lead card to fill out and a free "Dollar General" gift card...

Walmart loves this, and Walmart's all about the $$$. Think about it, where can they use the Walmart Gift Card.:yes:

It doesn't cost Walmart anything, they gain $5 worth of business...or whatever the card is worth.

Walmart loves this, and Walmart's all about the $$$. Think about it, where can they use the Walmart Gift Card.:yes:

It doesn't cost Walmart anything, they gain $5 worth of business...or whatever the card is worth.

It makes sense. I wasnt sure if the mail house, or whoever designed the card had to buy the rights to use the name, figured some legal mess would have been involved.

Why would any retailer object. The agents have to buy the card from them and the prospect can only use the card at that retailer. I am sure many of the cards go unused so that is pure profit. But, even if the retailer did object, it would not do them much good. Once you buy the card it is yours. You can do what you want with it.

Being a lazy thinker, I would not have thought of this, but with your comment as a cue, How often does one go to WalMart and spend just $5 (or $10)? Basically a nice discount on the $15 pack of toilet paper, paper towels or batteries.

----------

I am sure many of the cards go unused so that is pure profit. .

I can't say just Nice point because it's not long enough.

Being a lazy thinker, I would not have thought of this, but with your comment as a cue, How often does one go to WalMart and spend just $5 (or $10)? Basically a nice discount on the $15 pack of toilet paper, paper towels or batteries.

----------

Yeah you can... after your comment type about 15 spaces and then put a period. The system will read the spaces as characters.

----------

They probably rarely spend the small amounts, but it's $5 more they'll spend there that trip.

Back