Felony Conviction - SC - Feasible License?

Find an IMO that will go to bat for you with the State DOI. Drugs aren't a financial crime. You'll have to be off probation I imagine. E & O may be an issue . . . Good luck . . .

You constantly amaze me with what you don't know.

After some time away from the idea due to school and work, I finally took my test and passed. Now on to the hard part of figuring out if this is even possible. Either it will or it wont, im hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Regardless I know my life will be fine, but insurance sales is like my dream job while I am still in college. Just a bit of a bump in case anyone else has any ideas or experience. Thank you all for your input, it was much appreciated.

just fill out the waiver papers, and do what they say.. you will be fine. you will have to disclose it to all insurance companies.. on the apt papers.

After some time away from the idea due to school and work, I finally took my test and passed. Now on to the hard part of figuring out if this is even possible. Either it will or it wont, im hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Regardless I know my life will be fine, but insurance sales is like my dream job while I am still in college. Just a bit of a bump in case anyone else has any ideas or experience. Thank you all for your input, it was much appreciated.

Congratulations!

I suggest writing out exactly what happened and scanning all the documents that you have that prove you were released from probation. Keep it all in a PDF file so that you can easily send it to each of the insurers. Some carriers will take you and some wont.

The good news is that with a year of production, the carriers that won't take you are always willing to take a second look at you and in most cases, will eventually take you on.

If you write good clean business, they will all want you eventually!:yes:

Just make sure to contract with an IMO that can guarantee you leads. SC is becoming a bit overrun with agents and getting leads there tends to be a bit of a bear.

Good luck!

Congratulations!

I suggest writing out exactly what happened and scanning all the documents that you have that prove you were released from probation. Keep it all in a PDF file so that you can easily send it to each of the insurers. Some carriers will take you and some wont.

The good news is that with a year of production, the carriers that won't take you are always willing to take a second look at you and in most cases, will eventually take you on.

If you write good clean business, they will all want you eventually!:yes:

Just make sure to contract with an IMO that can guarantee you leads. SC is becoming a bit overrun with agents and getting leads there tends to be a bit of a bear.

Good luck!

To add to what Doug said, make sure you talk to the IMOs and find out if they have a strong relationship with their carriers. I had an agent who fell on bad times and owed a bunch of money to the IRS, nobody would contract with him.

Even when he contracted through us, he got denied, but EFES went to bat for him. With some carriers he got declined 3x and it got pushed all the way to the top, but EFES got him contracted with 5-6 carriers with advances. Enough to get started.

Congrats btw!

Back