A Lead or Not a Lead?

RJP

Expert
I have just started getting my standing order fixed priced leads in the mail. I asked these questions via email with my lead company contact and didn't get what I would consider.. answers to my questions so I thought I'd go to the 'Al Mighty Insurance Forum'. (Kneeling Smiley needed):idea:

In the case of fixed price DM leads in a standing order.
If a card has...

Nothing written on it other than N/A. Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

Nothing written on it at all but the responder had attached a return address label in the response area. Is that a lead?

If there is nothing written in the response area, AT ALL! Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

If the card was damaged by the post office before it was returned to the lead house and noted on the card by the lead company that the damage was done before it was mailed to me and the response information is not legible. Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

Being a newbie I never asked if the leads would have to have phone numbers, ages, spouse etc. However when I was sent the lead card before ordering these leads, that I have now paid for, the phone number was in the response box as is spouse name and ages. Thus I assumed that was a criteria of being a lead. The IMO I was with pushed the importance of appointment setting and this lead company was among the recommended by that IMO. Thus I am somewhat confused.

My game plan is setting appointments by phone and not having this information is somewhat a game changer. Also if I was using an appointment setter these are useless. as they have no phone numbers.

I have received 35 leads and 10 fall into these catagories. Thus I just want to understand what qualifies as a legitimate lead or not before I decide how to proceed with my lead program.

I have just started getting my standing order fixed priced leads in the mail. I asked these questions via email with my lead company contact and didn't get what I would consider.. answers to my questions so I thought I'd go to the 'Al Mighty Insurance Forum'. (Kneeling Smiley needed):idea:

If a card has...

Nothing written on it other than N/A. Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

*** If it is blank no. Ask to see the back side

Nothing written on it at all but the responder had attached a return address label in the response area. Is that a lead?

***Yes

If there is nothing written in the response area, AT ALL! Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

***NO, in my opinion. My vendor won't charge me for a blank one. That being said, I will still go door knock it and if it sells or they had interest, I will pay.

If the card was damaged by the post office before it was returned to the lead house and noted on the card by the lead company that the damage was done before it was mailed to me and the response information is not legible. Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

*** I would ask the vendor. This one is tough

Being a newbie I never asked if the leads would have to have phone numbers, ages, spouse etc. However when I was sent the lead card before ordering these leads, that I have now paid for, the phone number was in the response box as is spouse name and ages. Thus I assumed that was a criteria of being a lead. The IMO I was with pushed the importance of appointment setting and this lead company was among the recommended by that IMO. Thus I am somewhat confused.

My game plan is setting appointments by phone and not having this information is somewhat a game changer. Also if I was using an appointment setter these are useless. as they have no phone numbers.

I have received 35 leads and 10 fall into these catagories. Thus I just want to understand what qualifies as a legitimate lead or not before I decide how to proceed with my lead program.

*** At the end of the day, only the blank card isn't a lead, IMO. The mail house can't control whether someone puts a spouse or their phone number. I get cards with numbers where folks never answer the phone

If a card has...

I know with OUR fixed cost lead and MOST fixed cost leads...

• Nothing written on the card is a NO CHARGE lead
  • If the client puts his Return address sticker it is a PAY lead
  • If the client writes something on the card and there is either an address you can door knock or a ph # it is a PAY lead
Final expense leads are meant to be Called or Door knocked so the only free lead is one where you can NOT do either one of and the client didn't write anything at all..

----------

Agentguy5;
Thanks to you also. You say if there is nothing written on the card it is a NO CHARGE LEAD. Then you say if there is a way to door knock them it is a Charge Lead. All lead cards have the original mailing address on them so in theory all lead cards would be a pay lead even if the responder sad "Not interested, if you stop I'll shoot'. I am not trying to be a smart a%% just trying to get a grasp.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am mostly concerned/disappointed with the phone numbers not being on 30% of the leads considering I was told while going through the training that appointment setting was the way to go thus I ordered the leads through a recommended company. now I have 30 % of them with no way to appointment set. I guess plan B will be door knock them however if I wanted door knocking leads I believe there would be other and less expensive options, correct?

You will have a mix of appointments and in between you can door knock the ones with no number.

----------

Agentguy5;
Thanks to you also. You say if there is nothing written on the card it is a NO CHARGE LEAD. Then you say if there is a way to door knock them it is a Charge Lead. All lead cards have the original mailing address on them so in theory all lead cards would be a pay lead even if the responder sad "Not interested, if you stop I'll shoot'. I am not trying to be a smart a%% just trying to get a grasp.

those numbers are similar to my area. 20-25% write only return address, 5-10% blank, and 60-70% with phone numbers don't answer so have to door knock and about 30% of all door knocks open the door or call from leave behind delivery notice.

those numbers are similar to my area. 20-25% write only return address, 5-10% blank, and 60-70% with phone numbers don't answer so have to door knock and about 30% of all door knocks open the door or call from leave behind delivery notice.
Are those Fixed price leads like these are? I would not be asking this if this was a mail drop thus the question.

----------

Agentguy5;

Yes, if there is an address and the client wrote ANYTHING on the lead, it is a pay lead.

If the lead has a PO box and the client doesn't write his Address or Ph Number on it then it is NO Charge...

----------

So these are leads I should expect to get and pay for. not sub standard?

I always tell agents that if they can get decent returns, then they should do their own mail drops.. it only makes sense!

For those of us who only get 1% returns, it's better to buy fixed cost when it's available.

Back