Realistic Expectations for FE Sales.

Thanks, guy's. I'll change the filters to on 3k a week mail drop.

- income to 10K-40K
- age 61-80
- men and women

You guy's think this is better? With these filters what do you think the return rate will be? Also what is a realistic target conversion rate on the leads? And what about the avg premium per case?

It's all guessing, but I would imagine 1%. Realistic conversion depends on your training, support and carrier options. But 20-25% closing ration would be realistic for someone working their leads. I think that number might go down some with an appt setter.

Average premium is around $55/mo.

You get about 1% in that area without filters, May end up paying a pretty steep price per lead.

- income to 10K-40K
- age 61-80
- men and women

You guy's think this is better? With these filters what do you think the return rate will be? Also what is a realistic target conversion rate on the leads? And what about the avg premium per case?

I wouldn't have an income on the bottom. I like to use $0-40K.

I'm using an appointment setter and I will be door-knocking the rest, even people that told her no. My plan is to see as many people as I can eye to eye.

I believe the beginning months of business are the hardest to get through if you're new to the business. I bet you only get 20-25 leads with those filters. What I'd do is use very generic filters and get more leads. After you've worked them for a month or two, you'll learn what your week demo is and then filter that out. As you see here all agents have their own preferences. You don't know what your good or bad demo is since you haven't tried them.

Another missing factor is what your lead card says. If it's the generic free $255 government benefit card, then you'll get more leads but they are usually lower quality.

You seem to have the work ethic and money to start. Good luck to you!!!

- income to 10K-40K
- age 61-80
- men and women

Actually as long as you have plenty of population to mail to it's not a bad thing to mail to only households with a female. Single females or married females only but no single males is a common mailing demographic. It should increase response rates slightly not lower them.

Most agents shouldn't do that because it would require a larger geographic area. Single males can be buyers but statistically that are lower responders.

Have you learned that the forum will have you spinning in circles with all the different opinions? The main thing is pick something and pull the trigger. You can always adjust based on your results.

You get about 1% in that area without filters, May end up paying a pretty steep price per lead.

wat
:1confused:
Without filters?
You mean ages 0-100, Income 0-$1,000,000,000,000?

The whole idea of filters is to get a better/more stack of cards per thousand.
Everybody at the very least will use a standard filter to achieve this. They ole 50-80, 0/15-40/50. However, from that point it becomes a question as to whether the diminishing rate of added value by use of further tightening of filters is worth the inevitable expansion of territory.
:cool:

I still don't know why anyone would still want to do a lead drop and take the risk of bad returns when you can guarantee your returns by just getting on a fixed price system.

I still don't know why anyone would still want to do a lead drop and take the risk of bad returns when you can guarantee your returns by just getting on a fixed price system.

Same reason some like to gamble. You might come out ahead. You might come out behind.

But the biggest thing that is MORE important than what your cost of the leads are is consistency. Mailing EVERY week. Keeping them coming. That is the most important factor.

Back