TA Standard for this Risk Assessment

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
Quoted a lady yesterday for her husband who has the following stats....

55 year old male, smoker
Stents put in a little over 2 years ago
COPD for quite a few years
Depression

Is taking or has prescription for these meds, all over 2 years

Plavix, Zocor, Nitrostat, Coreg, Albuterol, Cymbalta, Elavil, Symbicort, Lipitor

According to the TA application questions it looks to me like he could get TA standard. Anyone see any problems?

Quoted a lady yesterday for her husband who has the following stats.... 55 year old male, smoker Stents put in a little over 2 years ago COPD for quite a few years Depression Is taking or has prescription for these meds, all over 2 years Plavix, Zocor, Nitrostat, Coreg, Albuterol, Cymbalta, Elavil, Symbicort, Lipitor According to the TA application questions it looks to me like he could get TA standard. Anyone see any problems?

Has he used the nitro? If no, should be good to go.

If the nitro was prescribed at the same time the stents were put in, he should be good even if taking.

Ok, I rusty. I haven't looked at an app in over a month, but I'm pretty sure if they've taken nitro(for angina) inside of 1 year they are getting graded. I'm probably wrong, but that's an active heart problem and while you could probably slide it in...if he dies in 2 years it ain't paying

----------

Question 6 part C, had angina within a year...graded. Still gots it ;)

Unless you have another reason that someone pops nitro, pretty sure the script guide lays it out as well.

Ok, I rusty. I haven't looked at an app in over a month, but I'm pretty sure if they've taken nitro(for angina) inside of 1 year they are getting graded. I'm probably wrong, but that's an active heart problem and while you could probably slide it in...if he dies in 2 years it ain't paying

----------

Question 6 part C, had angina within a year...graded. Still gots it ;)

Unless you have another reason that someone pops nitro, pretty sure the script guide lays it out as well.

Did look at the script guide....says Based on date of diagnosis within 1 year graded, within 2 years standard, over two years preferred. That makes it sound like the nitrostat can be taken as a maintenance even though according to his wife he hasn't really had to take it in a long time.

Did look at the script guide....says Based on date of diagnosis within 1 year graded, within 2 years standard, over two years preferred. That makes it sound like the nitrostat can be taken as a maintenance even though according to his wife he hasn't really had to take it in a long time.

What I'm saying is "if" he took it...he had an angina episode, thus being graded or standard.

I've put plenty of nitro with trans and I've also put plenty of nitro with snl because of when they last took it

What I'm saying is "if" he took it...he had an angina episode, thus being graded or standard.

I've put plenty of nitro with trans and I've also put plenty of nitro with snl because of when they last took it

I honestly never thought of it that way, but Trans has approved at least two off the top of my head at preferred rates who have taken nitro within the last two years. Both had been taking it for longer than two.

I honestly never thought of it that way, but Trans has approved at least two off the top of my head at preferred rates who have taken nitro within the last two years. Both had been taking it for longer than two.

The underwriting guide from TA is pretty good in guiding you to the possible risk class

They will take it as preferred because they see the nitro script, doesn't mean they will pay if they die within 2 years

They will take it as preferred because they see the nitro script, doesn't mean they will pay if they die within 2 years

I don't trust Trans to pay anyway, but it seems as though that would be difficult. They can see the most recent fill date on the Nitro so they would have that info at the time of underwriting. On one of them I wrote, "Takes nitrostat as needed, angina diagnosed 6 years ago." Seems like they'd have a hard time getting out of that one for that particular reason, but who knows?

Back