Telesales for Final Expense

TxFEagent

I am a newbie, so forgive me if this is elementary.
I have read different posts with all sorts of answers, and am still curious.....Are there any agents on here selling FE over the phone and having consistant success?
Thanks in advance.

Yes . . .

It's all about the lead.

Good, Fresh Leads = better closing opportunities.

Tom

Tom, could you please share what companies you use and what kind of leads you get? Thanks.

Ring me up Ling . . .

We offer two programs for people to learn how to sell Life Insurance over the phone.

Call if you like . . .

Tom

Last edited:
Selling all types of life and health insurance over the phone can be profitable if done correctly.

Thank you. But can anyone share more information about companies, leads, systems on Final Expense Sales by phone here? I don't see much information over here. I prefer to focus on final expense. Thanks.

Thank you. But can anyone share more information about companies, leads, systems on Final Expense Sales by phone here? I don't see much information over here. I prefer to focus on final expense. Thanks.

Why are you limiting yourself to over the phone?

Unless you have a reason that you can't get out, I would suggest getting experience selling face to face.

People are very resistant to telemarketers. As a face to face agent I can promise you it is very easy for me to replace a policy if someone bought it from a telemarketer. But MUCH harder if they bought it from a good agent who met with them in person.

To put it in the simplest terms...if I can save someone 50-cents they will cancel a policy they bought from a telemarketer. But I've had cases where I could save someone $10 a month and they wouldn't change because they are loyal to their agent.

AND if you look at the companies that will allow telesales...they are usually the higher priced companies to start with. I believe this is because they know more people will lie over the phone about smoking and health history than they will to a face to face agent.

Also, referals and cross sales are common when you have met your clients. I'm pretty sure they are rare with telemarketers.

If I were homebound for some reason, I would be happy I could at least do telesales. Other than that, I would plan on getting out in the world and meeting people.

Thank you Newby. I do well selling final expense in the field. I know the prices for final expense. I sell oxford, motorist, UHL, etc.... But my concerns are going to rough areas and my family needs for me to be at home more often than it used to be. Due to my personal reasons, I prefer to sell final expense at home.

Most People are searching for the lowest rate. We can give them the best when we get to see them. But I know a lot of seniors don't want people to come regardless. You know they have expense plans on the phone during appointment setting or during appointment (if you drop by successfully). But they rather to keep what they have than having you come by to getting a new plan. They are some people like that as well.

I don't expect to get all the people on the phone. I just want to reach people who are willing to buy from phone. I still want to help them to get the best they qualified in my best ability. That is why I would like to know what are available for them. I hope someone will be kindly sharing that. Thanks.

Thank you Newby. I do well selling final expense in the field. I know the prices for final expense. I sell oxford, motorist, UHL, etc.... But my concerns are going to rough areas and my family needs for me to be at home more often than it used to be. Due to my personal reasons, I prefer to sell final expense at home.

Most People are searching for the lowest rate. We can give them the best when we get to see them. But I know a lot of seniors don't want people to come regardless. You know they have expense plans on the phone during appointment setting or during appointment (if you drop by successfully). But they rather to keep what they have than having you come by to getting a new plan. They are some people like that as well.

I don't expect to get all the people on the phone. I just want to reach people who are willing to buy from phone. I still want to help them to get the best they qualified in my best ability. That is why I would like to know what are available for them. I hope someone will be kindly sharing that. Thanks.

You're right about the bad neighborhoods. THere are many that I wouldn't want to sell in so telesales makes perfect sense.

I think Baltimore Life, ForeThought, United Teachers, and Standard Life will allow phone sales if I remember correctly.

Just my two cents regarding specifically with regard to FE prospects and the lack of desire for you to come to their home...there is another reason for their hesitancy. You certainly will not close that person over the phone either. Someone in the demographic of a FE lead would much prefer to see your face before they give you their banking info.

Now if the issue is that it's a better fit for your family/business model to attempt to sell over the phone...that's a different story. You've got to do what you've got to do, just don't expect to be picking up sales on those folks that previously would not let you come to the home.

Back