Internet Lead Companies....Are They All Bad..?

premiumhunter

Hi Insurance Pros....!!

So I have been looking through the forums trying to find some decent reviews of internet lead companies but have come across the "usual suspects" and thought I might try posting what I am looking for and see if anyone has any thoughts.

So I am looking primarily for Auto / Home leads.

My experience with internet lead companies has been horrid.

My most recent was with InsureMe. What a joke...!! Wasted good $$ with them to get leads with wrong phone numbers and mis-information. In their defense they did refund me on most of the bad leads but it was a waste of time.

In my marketing plan, internet leads are a smaller part of it, but I am wondering if there is a company that has some decent lead prospects to call on that would be worth the $$ investment.

Also, I have discovered that some lead companies incentivize people to fill out their insurance forums. Not good...!!

Would be curious to hear if anyone has found any lead companies they are having really good success with and if so who?

Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts on aged leads vs. fresh leads.

If you are having success with aged leads....who are you using?

Thanks guys (and gals)...!!

Hometown quotes has the same quality lead as you described above. They were very friendly and did refund all bad leads but it was a waste of time trying to work the leads I got. At the end of the day, I spent a total of $200. Sold one policy and made $250. But wasted a ton of time on terrible leads. Over 75% were returned- bad numbers, didn't really request quote, didn't meet my filter requirements, etc. It took away a lot of sales time. This may be the way all internet leads are. I'm going to try Netquote next for commercial. If that doesn't work, I'll just stick to cold calling.

Hometown quotes has the same quality lead as you described above. They were very friendly and did refund all bad leads but it was a waste of time trying to work the leads I got. At the end of the day, I spent a total of $200. Sold one policy and made $250. But wasted a ton of time on terrible leads. Over 75% were returned- bad numbers, didn't really request quote, didn't meet my filter requirements, etc. It took away a lot of sales time. This may be the way all internet leads are. I'm going to try Netquote next for commercial. If that doesn't work, I'll just stick to cold calling.

I'd just save my money and stick to cold calling.

You judge a lead company from a $200 order? Takes way more than that to get an honest opinion.

We all have to start somewhere. I have owned my Agency for 17 years and because of changes in my area have just started paying for leads.

I meant they usually do a bunch of posts pumping some company and never post again

Back