Are There Any Really Good Insurance Lead Companies?

Anyone use Reference USA to get your own list to work of off? any suggestions?

Most data providers pull from the same sources. The biggest difference between vendors is usually price and how much help you get in modeling the data correctly.

The good news is that with a library card, Reference USA is free and you can set your own parameters.

The bad news is, its free and you can set your own parameters. Also, you are usually limited in how many records you can download at once. Also, the data is often woefully inaccurate.

The key is to find a company that is a true GENERATOR of leads. Too many companies call themselves generators, but in all actuality they are Aggregating (buying and re selling) from Affiliates or 3rd parties and redistributing to end users (agents and carriers). There are not too many out there that generate all of their own traffic.

The key is to find a company that is a true GENERATOR of leads. Too many companies call themselves generators, but in all actuality they are Aggregating (buying and re selling) from Affiliates or 3rd parties and redistributing to end users (agents and carriers). There are not too many out there that generate all of their own traffic.

So go
get insurance licensed and go sell the leads you generate. I always find it amazing that lead generators want to sell great leads to agents. Why not just sell insurance policies if the leads are so great?!

ltcadviser said:
So go
get insurance licensed and go sell the leads you generate. I always find it amazing that lead generators want to sell great leads to agents. Why not just sell insurance policies if the leads are so great?!

Great point. The main struggle is that lead generation on the Internet is somewhat of a shotgun approach. It is very difficult to target only people in certain areas, or even in certain states. Plus, most generators are marketing companies and are not set up to write insurance.

It has certainly been tried before, and happens now to a certain extent. Although I have yet to see it work. But you are right, if you could make it work, it would be an awesome business model!

Started HometownQuotes.com originally with that intent. Learned quickly that the internet had no borders & we had hundreds of leads that were not in Tennessee! Didn't have affiliates or aggregators back then....so lots of lost money/opportunity.

The original NetQuote was the last large lead generator/aggregator to also have a nationwide insurance agency. Closed it down when they took the first round of investment back in '05/'06??? forget which year exactly.

I applaud James' company for entering the insurance space & look forward to seeing their results. There have been lots of companies come & go over the past 8 years. I applaud both new & old ideas....especially those companies that continue to innovate & work with agents to meet their needs.

HometownQuotes.com, IMHO, has taken the lead in this area & I truly believe most of our competitors are too big to care about the agents as they don't walk the talk. We see & hear daily from agents and we respond to do our Best to meet their needs.

Last edited:
So go

I dont recall the name of the company but, there is one that produces leads. The Insurance agents then shares commissions to them on the ones they sell.

What agents need are more than leads. They need one step further actual clients that want insurance. And clients they can reach. Good thing for you agents this is coming soon....

So go

We generate (ZERO Aggregated) auto insurance leads. We spend a great deal of money on getting these leads and they are very high quality.

To answer your question, there are plenty of people who are in the online lead gen space and are really good at converting there pages to produce high quality leads. They just are not in it to run another business (insurance co.), they are in it to achieve economies of scale and diversify their efforts into producing high quality leads in several verticals. The only reason to sell "Great Leads" is because we can charge a price on them that turns a profit to allow us to continue to do what we do, and if the leads are really good then agents will keep wanting more.

There's a market for everything!

I like direct mail companies. You can set the most appointment with those because they are written in ink and took the time to send the card/form in. The only problem is that youre not getting such a high return when you buy a lead order. your only getting about 1% back if you mail to 1,000 people. I have used Leadco leads for this, they have been pretty good for that, with a little above average return in my experience. Some other people in my office have used Lead Concepts, and im pretty sure they are good too. Leadco mails a letter and then there is a return card that people send in. Lead concepts sends a form that people would fill out more info on which some people like. I think leadco will get a better return because i think they guarantee 12 back at least per mailing. my last mailing i sent out 1,200 pieces and got 25 back. but that is not typical. lead concepts, i dont know if they have a guarantee.

I also tried the Lifeagentleads website which does hand addressed mailings which are suppose to get a better return because people open hand addressed mail almost 100% of the time. but i messed up my mailing and didn't get much back. (i put my apartment as the return address and didn't put my office address) i would like to try them 1 more time because the idea seems to make a lot of sense. The only downside is they are more expensive than the other companies. this is because they have the hand addressing.

What I would like to know is, does anyone know of any companies that will sell aged direct mail mortgage protection leads. like 6 months to a couple years old?

Great point. The main struggle is that lead generation on the Internet is somewhat of a shotgun approach. It is very difficult to target only people in certain areas, or even in certain states. Plus, most generators are marketing companies and are not set up to write insurance.

It has certainly been tried before, and happens now to a certain extent. Although I have yet to see it work. But you are right, if you could make it work, it would be an awesome business model!

Well. We are doing just that! I was so fed up(as they all say) with the bullshit we got from lead co's that I actually DID start my own company. I'm 37. I've worked for myself since was 17. (I have no clue why my font just started this way?) We develop our own telemarketed leads(live. no robo's) in house. Myself and a few of my agents developed the script. I scrub every single lead myself or one of my officers does. The way we pay our marketers is commission. Not hourly. My marketers are in the same office as my agents selling those leads. My marketers are hired on to get their ins lic within 6 months or they lose their job. We sell the leads to our agents dirt, dirt cheap so they can buy as many as they like. So like someone said...I do not want to be a lead company. It sucks! But we develop the leads so our agents buy them and sell enough insurance to make a couple grand a week.

THAT'S...the way it should be done!

Back