2009 Health Insurance Lead Ratings...Midyear Update

I quit following up on Aetna/PZ leads some time ago. Total waste of my time.

At least GR gives me the choice of PZ leads or cash.

Guess which I take.

Lately the ASAP Quotes have become pretty whored out! I call as soon as the lead hit my email box and the response that I'm getting is you are @#$%#@ person to call me. I'm also receiving duplicates from Insureme at the same exact time. It seems they swap leads together.:mad:

I have noticed that ASAP leads seem to be going to a lot more agents. Just today, I spoke to somebody who pointed out 12 different agents that called his number during the first hour or so.

The buying and reselling of leads seems to be getting worse...I think.

ASAP is the bottom of the barrel. Completely dishonest company - just like the rest.

Wonder what happened to Mike and Mostcrap? Think he's out of the industry yet?

Rick

Last edited:
Never tried them. Interesting, although, I assume, oversold.

NETQUOTE HEALTH UPDATE:

The "bad lead" percentage (based on my last 14 leads) is now 50%. The norm is about 30%. Netquote is good about providing credits if you have the proper documentation.

I assume the 50% is just a temporary blip.

WebNanny was used in this post.

I quit following up on Aetna/PZ leads some time ago. Total waste of my time.

At least GR gives me the choice of PZ leads or cash.

Guess which I take.

I never thought the day would come, but I'm writing more off of the free aetna leads than the ones that I purchase, and the only reason, is over half of what I'm getting these days on purchased leads are phony.

Of the last 5 purchased leads I received, 1 legitimate and I placed in H1 policy. 3 mix matched phone numbers and addresses - fake addresses matched with phone numbers of people who called back just to let me know they were not intended party. 1 smart alec insurance agent that started laughing when I called.

I've gotten better at leaving my contact info. with what I suspect are fake leads and encouraging them to call me back and let me know what the HE double hockey sticks is going on.

One was supposedly for a 29 year old party girl and a 40 something woman MD called back to let me know it wasn't her, but was very sweet about it.

All I have to have is a real insurance inquiry and I that's it. It can be shared 25 times, I don't freakin care, I'll make $$. But these fake affiliate leads are absolutely worthless and the people doing this stuff need to get into trouble.

But I thought the free Aetna leads are just PZ leads. In my case, Aetna just deposited money in my Norvax account and I was treated to the same low-quality PZ leads I have come to expect. Of course, since they were free...no credits.

When I was getting free UHC leads from PZ (before they offered the cash option) I could get credits. Haven't tried it with Aetna PZ leads but if I never call them how would I know if they are bogus or not?

Back