5-Star

Hey Fellas.

So I was offered a 5-Star contract. The companies I currently write are Americo, Monumental, Assurity, RNA, Forresters, UHL and Vantis. Typically I only use Americo and Monumental, the others get used when necessary.

Considering this, would it be beneficial to add 5-Star to my current line up? From what I understand they've recently changed their RX procedure and are not nearly as good as they once were.

Interested to hear your opinions.

I'm done with them for Preferred cases, and only write them if it's gubmint plastic or Graded biz.

Not female ones.

I had a missed call on my phone at home yesterday. I called it back and it was the cell phone of the vice president, {I think that's his title?}, of 5 Star.

He did not leave a message at my home but I left a message saying I was returning a call from that number.

Newby said he talked to him yesterday and he said he called my number by mistake. You think?:biggrin:

Whoa, what did you do ? (Is that good or bad that he called you?)

:err::twitchy:

I do like 5 Star,and haven't had a problems with them, except when I try to call them. Lately I've been looking to Americo. Americo's front office is a joy to work with, but most of my clients use credit cards, and debit cards, which knocks Americo is out of contention.

I do like 5 Star,and haven't had a problems with them, except when I try to call them.

What problems do you have when you call 5 star? When I called one time the lady underwriter gave me a rude attitude because I ask a question to one of their health questions. I told her flat out... Look I write 10 companies.. I don't have to write 5 star... All I am calling for is a question to one of the health questions on the app for a client I was going to write with you guys.

It just really bugs me when a company or their employees thing they are better than us for whatever reason... Like HELLO! If it wasn't for agents like us you salaried employees wouldn't have a job!

Sorry for the rant... but that felt good to get off the chest...:twitchy:

What problems do you have when you call 5 star? When I called one time the lady underwriter gave me a rude attitude because I ask a question to one of their health questions. I told her flat out... Look I write 10 companies.. I don't have to write 5 star... All I am calling for is a question to one of the health questions on the app for a client I was going to write with you guys.

It just really bugs me when a company or their employees thing they are better than us for whatever reason... Like HELLO! If it wasn't for agents like us you salaried employees wouldn't have a job!

Sorry for the rant... but that felt good to get off the chest...:twitchy:

I haven't really had any problems, knock on wood but I use them cautiously because of the problems many others have experienced. I need to be able to use Direct Express and since I only have two companies that take it and 5 Star has competitive rates and I like their story, I keep them. But I have noticed when you call them you do get that you are annoying me with your question attitude too often. It's exasperated by the experience you get when you call Trinity or Americo which is the total opposite, very friendly and appreciative.

5 Star puzzles me in that they seem to really be trying to improve but why didn't they start with the attitude of their employees and get them to realize what you said about not having jobs if not for us. At least get them to fake be appreciative. I think they must only hire people from New York as they all have that New York pissy attitude. Maybe it will change.

Back