50 Years!!!!!

Good for you, your not 65 yet right? Ya I got things to do too, we are going to hike the first part of the Appalachian trail in September 15 days or so, then going back in May 24 to do 30 days, I would go r.ving my wife has no interest,

Yes, the KSKJ trip details are on the website.

I'm going to work as long as I feel like working. I'm going to slow my leads before I turn them off. I imagine before this year is over I will have turned off the leads. But I have a ton of leads to work. I will still work like normal if normal is no schedule. I will go see people when I want to. I'll do more DK'ing so that I won't be tied to a schedule. I'm in good shape. I run 4 miles 3 times a week. I don't take medicines. As long as I can say that there's no reason to not work. I don't golf. I don't show horses anymore.

We do like to travel. Booked for the Breeder's Cup at Santa Anita in Nov last week. We are going to ND/Montana this fall.

Travel is not cheap. But we don't owe anyone. No mortgage. No auto loans. CC is paid in full every month.

My wife has mentioned getting an RV and traveling the country with our dogs. But That doesn't sound all that appealing to me.

Just an FYI -- the 2023 Breeders Cup at Santa Anita is November 3rd and 4th. Enjoy!

I know. I meant I booked it last week for Nov.

Actually not technically booked. The tickets aren’t on sale yet. I made a deposit to be first in line once available. Non refundable but the deposit goes towards whatever package you chose to buy.

$250/person deposit. So I’m out $500 if we don’t go. We’re going!!:cool:

You are doing what I did about this time a year ago, I switched to t65, the only way that worked for me was having a book of renewals, it a long sales cycle, very long in some cases, and many people are still working past 65, I wrote around150 April - Dec, probably 60% med sup, 40 mapd

All your T-65 was Dm ? What type response ? Generic mailers ? The renewals is why I switched gears 2 plus yrs ago . I didn’t want to be hustling if i chose not to . 5 figs sweet if I work a day or not . That said to get to this pt I hustled much more than Fe . The service work with calls insane .I wrote 2 fe today .

I know. I meant I booked it last week for Nov.

Actually not technically booked. The tickets aren’t on sale yet. I made a deposit to be first in line once available. Non refundable but the deposit goes towards whatever package you chose to buy.

$250/person deposit. So I’m out $500 if we don’t go. We’re going!!:cool:

Got it. I will be there, probably, LOL. Up until the pandemic, I might have missed a couple here and there the last 15 to 20 years. Including next year, that will be three out of the last four in CA. I get tickets every year and I tend to decide as the race gets closer and I get a clearer picture as to what the fields will look like, who is racing, etc. -- and the weather! LOL. Enjoy!

All inbound calls, coa of about 100 bucks per member, very personalize local expert, my picture on every post card, I use mail box power, I will continue to do that, it just not a full time thing, I'm going to add fe into my mix at this point

All your T-65 was Dm ? What type response ? Generic mailers ? The renewals is why I switched gears 2 plus yrs ago . I didn’t want to be hustling if i chose not to . 5 figs sweet if I work a day or not . That said to get to this pt I hustled much more than Fe . The service work with calls insane .I wrote 2 fe today .

Got it. I will be there, probably, LOL. Up until the pandemic, I might have missed a couple here and there the last 15 to 20 years. Including next year, that will be three out of the last four in CA. I get tickets every year and I tend to decide as the race gets closer and I get a clearer picture as to what the fields will look like, who is racing, etc. -- and the weather! LOL. Enjoy!

Really? That’s cool. This last Breeder’s Cup was my first.

Also went to Saratoga for the first time last August.

We went to the All American at Ruidoso Downs in 2017. Loved that.

Never been to Santa Anita. That’s the main reason we’re going. I also want to visit DelMar one day.

Might hit you up for some Santa Anita advice later.

Really? That’s cool. This last Breeder’s Cup was my first.

Also went to Saratoga for the first time last August.

We went to the All American at Ruidoso Downs in 2017. Loved that.

Never been to Santa Anita. That’s the main reason we’re going. I also want to visit DelMar one day.

Might hit you up for some Santa Anita advice later.

I've been in the horse business my entire adult life. I don't race in CA though. I was at Del Mar for their first ever Breeders Cup in 2017, and I hope to go next year (2024) when it's back at Del Mar. We'll see. I haven't gone to the Breeders Cup since the pandemic though. That's OK. Haven't had the desire to really travel since the pandemic. I just started this winter and I'm still not thrilled about it, LOL.

I used to spend the entire meet at Saratoga. I've had a place there since 2000. Since 1998 I would spend the entire meet there. Now I go here and there, for the sales, the big races, etc. I go for a week or two, and then on specific weekends. Today I more enjoy spending my summer at Monmouth Park. Del Mar is a very different experience than Saratoga. I like Del Mar a lot. It's just too far for me, LOL. If you enjoyed last year's Breeders Cup at Keeneland, you'll really enjoy Santa Anita! Enjoy!

When I first entered the business, I was in the business -- but not building or running a business. I didn't get to be truly successful until I started building and running a business. My production went up every year, and I was "doing better" every year, but I wasn't building or running a business. I was running around in the business, LOL.

My biggest first step was hiring an assistant and delegating. My second biggest step was allowing her to morph and grow into being a practice manager and COO, which she is today. Technology started playing a much bigger role in my business -- from estate planning software to spreadsheets and flowcharts, to a practice management system, to an underwriting tracking system, to a power-point presentation for open talks/meetings, and so on and so on. While technology made us more efficient and more effective -- you can become a slave to it.

I think the biggest change is that today, everyone in our group does what they do, and that's all they do. I do two things -- open cases and close cases. Everything else in between those two activities, somebody else handles, and if it doesn't get handled, our COO handles it, why, and the person who didn't handle it, LOL. Today I view myself as the co-CEO of a wealth management firm. My partner and I make decisions, establish and set policy, and others implement and carry it out. Our goal is to not get caught up in the weeds -- which falls under the purview of others. If we do, something went wrong, LOL. For example, I paid for a large case this month -- three policies and three carriers. I placed the policies brought everything back to the office, and only found out two weeks later there were "issues" with setting up the electronic drafts from the client's bank. It went on for days, with multiple efforts, and I never heard a word about it. If it didn't get resolved, at a certain point, my COO would have come to me -- but the goal is for to not have to, LOL. Thanks.

Back