AARP Commissions

I hear that they changed that to 10 yrs... ?? Can anyone confirm?

Another thing I don't like about AARP/UHC...after year 6...renewal commission is $0.

MoO pays through year 10. Actually what MoO pays for years 7-10 about equals what AARP pays for years 1-6 in commission.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nevermind, I read the WHOLE post!!

I hear that they changed that to 10 yrs... ?? Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
I bumped this old post, because I had a similar question for 2018 UHC AARP.

I called because I was in the process of submitting an app. $181.00 9mth advance Plan G. App.pulled
because this is hwy robbery in my book.

My question, is there anyone with a lower commission rate in GA ?

I bumped this old post, because I had a similar question for 2018 UHC AARP.

I called because I was in the process of submitting an app. $181.00 9mth advance Plan G. App.pulled
because this is hwy robbery in my book.

My question, is there anyone with a lower commission rate in GA ?

Commission rate or the premium for the client ?

Have you looked at csg? What is the zip, age and gender?

Btw because it’s an old thread the commission is outdated as well. They have increased their comm rate to around $240 as of a year ago.

Yes I did call UHC/AARP today.I wasn't going by old commission on the old thread, I got it from the horses mouth. The rate for T65 plan G in GA. is $127.00 and some change.Competitive for the client but a joke for an agent.

In California, it is $345 for Plan F; $323 for Plan G and $300 for Plan N.
While there are no renewals after year 6, there is a bonus if you have more than 300 med supp policies still in force.

Yes I did call UHC/AARP today.I wasn't going by old commission on the old thread, I got it from the horses mouth. The rate for T65 plan G in GA. is $127.00 and some change.Competitive for the client but a joke for an agent.

Are you saying your total commission is $181 or the 9-month advance is $181? I believe my contract with them is in the range of $240-$250 for each Med Supp app. That would be in line with $181 for a 9-month advance.

There are certainly other carriers who pay more. There are also carriers whose rates are less than theirs. My recommendation is to always put the clients best interest ahead of your own and you will be rewarded in the long run.

Yes the comm.quoted was a 9mth adv. I'm afraid I'm not that altruistic.I spoke with my client
who did not have a problem paying a few dollars more, with another carrier offering the same coverage. I intend to stick with a decent company willing to recognize my contribution
and rewarding me for the same.That apparently will not include UHC/AARP Med-supp.
plans in Georgia for me.So far this was the lowest comm.quoted for me with the 5 carriers I contract with. I don't see anything special UHC/AARP has to offer compared to the others.

Good to see you are doing the right thing for the client!

You know if you sell the highest premium plan, you will make more money. That’s why we are here, isn’t it? We all have to eat!

Just hope your competition doesn’t show up.

I tell folks if they want AARP/UHC, BX or MOO to go direct to the carrier. Almost never have anyone take me up on that offer. Would rather let me help them.

Back