AARP Commissions

Yes the comm.quoted was a 9mth adv. I'm afraid I'm not that altruistic.I spoke with my client
who did not have a problem paying a few dollars more, with another carrier offering the same coverage. I intend to stick with a decent company willing to recognize my contribution
and rewarding me for the same.That apparently will not include UHC/AARP Med-supp.
plans in Georgia for me.So far this was the lowest comm.quoted for me with the 5 carriers I contract with. I don't see anything special UHC/AARP has to offer compared to the others.

Trust me, I avoid UHC if possible, but if it's what the client wants then I will do it. They used to be more liberal with their underwriting so they'd get the cases no other carriers would take.

As far as you not seeing anything special with them, they are one of three Med Supp carriers here in Georgia offering Silver Sneakers (Blue Cross and Humana are the others - Humana isn't competitive). When I have a potential client who currently pays for a gym membership at a participating gym, enrolling them with UHC or BCBS saves them a considerable amount of money since they no longer have to pay that $30-$50 per month gym membership. Double that for a husband and wife. Lastly, UHC tends to have reasonable rate increases. That's no smal thing. They also allow members to move between plans without going through underwriting.

But you do you and only look out for your best interest. When those clients come across an agent who educates the client and puts the client's interest ahead of their own, you may lose a client.

Just hope your competition doesn’t show up.

Beeselective, I door Knock from a list and hire someone to telemarket from that same list.
in other words I am thorough..and wish to be compensated for the same. I actually have not sold the highest plan. . I go through all the plans and what they offer,.Plan G here in GA stands out.I also go over the price so it's not a surprise. Full disclosure.

As far as you not seeing anything special with them, they are one of three Med Supp carriers here in Georgia offering Silver Sneakers (Blue Cross and Humana are the others - Humana isn't competitive). When I have a potential client who currently pays for a gym membership at a participating gym, enrolling them with UHC or BCBS saves them a considerable amount of money since they no longer have to pay that $30-$50 per month gym membership. Double that for a husband and wife. Lastly, UHC tends to have reasonable rate increases. That's no smal thing. They also allow members to move between plans without going through underwriting.

But you do you and only look out for your best interest. When those clients come across an agent who educates the client and puts the client's interest ahead of their own, you may lose a client.

Aetna still carries Silver Sneakers, and I do contract with all of the above.
We can go back and forth on my putting my needs ahead of the client but if that was the case I would only sell plan Plan F. Which I don't.

Aetna still carries Silver Sneakers, and I do contract with all of the above.
We can go back and forth on my putting my needs ahead of the client but if that was the case I would only sell plan Plan F. Which I don't.

Like I said, you do you. And Aetna does not offer Silver Sneakers on their Med Supp.

Back