AARP Commissions

Hey someone at UHC must have been reading this thread - did you see lifetime commissions announced for UHC/AARP Med Supp in 14 states (including Georgia) starting May 1?

If you factor in the Silver Sneakers value, the AARP plan G represents one of the best values in Georgia. Glad they finally came out with the G in Georgia, despite the lower commission. Sometimes you have to show what the client wants....or someone else will,
I have had several conversations with my FMO about this subject. UHC gets so much business from the AARP affiliation & calls into UHC call center, that they are not agent focused. They don't have the up-to-date online app technology like other carriers. I think they are content with apps flowing into the call centers without having to pay commissions. I would also like to get more information about the UHC Med Sup underwriting, they are very limited on the information they put out & don't seem to be to willing to speak to agents to prequalify underwritten apps.

I have had several conversations with my FMO about this subject. UHC gets so much business from the AARP affiliation & calls into UHC call center, that they are not agent focused. They don't have the up-to-date online app technology like other carriers. I think they are content with apps flowing into the call centers without having to pay commissions. I would also like to get more information about the UHC Med Sup underwriting, they are very limited on the information they put out & don't seem to be to willing to speak to agents to prequalify underwritten apps.
I use their online app with my tablet all the time. What am I missing out on? And regarding underwriting, I was happy to see them come out with a drug list in their handbook recently. Every little bit helps if they're unable to give us access to an underwriter.

I use their online app with my tablet all the time. What am I missing out on? And regarding underwriting, I was happy to see them come out with a drug list in their handbook recently. Every little bit helps if they're unable to give us access to an underwriter.

Thier online app requires Face to Face that is the issue

Yes, but you have to be face to face with the client to use the electronic app. Many carriers have electronic applications that can be done over the phone with the client.

I've heard that they will be coming out with a DocuSign app in the near future. Not sure if that will be for both MAPD/PDP and Med Supps or just one of those products.

I sell about 99% over the phone. I really don't like paper apps, they tend to be slow. I hope UHC does get some updated technology soon, but I don't hold my breath.

The UHC MAPD-PDP I am able to send out an enrollment link to the client & have them complete while I am on the phone, that works well.

Thanks for the clarification! Yes, I also conduct some enrollments via phone using my own e-sign process. I heard that UHC was working on a docusign process too.

Back