American Cars and Meeting Clients

I will pass on the Avenger or 200. the rest are o.k.

Yea, the 200 is going to be all different for 2015. It has a ways to go to be competitive.

My favorite on this list is the new C7 Corvette. I sat in one and started one up at the Chevy display in Detroit during the Woodward Cruise. It's probably the best Vette I have ever laid my eyes on. The interior is the big improvement that the Vette just never had along with a lot of other key ingredients. They did a road test with the car to see if it would get the advertised 30mpg on the interstate. It did that and then some. They decided to get a draft from a semi truck and got near 40mpg. Cylinder deactivation and aerodynamics is the key there.

Recently, they did a test on a track against the Nissan GTR (Godzilla) a 115k superhcarged beast. The C7 beat the GTR's lap times consistently in 95 degree Arizona heat. The GTR was starting to overheat as well. The NA base C7 with the performance package would sticker at 58k. They haven't even come out with a Z06 or ZR1.

However, recent objective opinions pitted the C7 against the Ferarri F12 and the 911 C4S. Although the Vette outperformed both in pure numbers, the 911 was the better handling more pure peformance car. Not a big surprise there. The reality is, the Vette was a better performer than the Porsche providing 90% of the feel and confidence for 50% of the price. And it did so without any glaring faults.

Back