Another reason to steer clear of DSNP

Thats just the start . I moved a dsnp from Humana to United 8 days ago with better food card . She called me last week and said where’s her new food card . She said “ she ain’t got no food and she gets her food on the first of the month “ . I told her it takes a few weeks to get. She said she can’t wait . So it could be a complaint . On the other hand my friends been doing 95% duals for 6 yrs . He has over 950 on books . That’s about $23 k a month . But I want the pivot to middle class going toward . What scares me is how many people I replace that have agents . But they bold with better plan . That could be me on other side .

Tell client to download the UHC Healthy Benefits Plus app on her free Gov cellaphone.Call the UHC OTC vendor and get her card number and pin number and enter in app and she is good to go for 6/1.Though she may call you next month to complain she could not buy her cigs and beer with her card .lol

I had a woman for three benefit years call me about her plan.

Year 1: I sat on the Medicare and Humana line with her because she signed up in FL, but lived in MI.

Year 2: She had screwed up her MAPD plan again and her kids signed her up for a PDP. Still didn't want to use me as an agent. I told her to call Humana, which I stayed on the line because I conferenced them in.

Year 3: She called again. I finally told her not to call anymore. I'm not her agent and she is taking my time away from my clients. If she has an issue, contact her insurance company.

She was a Christian Scientist, she'd say it every time.. which is how I would remember her and would tell me, "I don't know about these things, can you do it for me?"

I don't do that mess anymore. If your agent, I'm happy to walk you through it. If you call me, I provide info and you do it.

DSNP is not something I care about. It's a pita. I appreciate people who run that book, it just ain't me.

Tell client to download the UHC Healthy Benefits Plus app on her free Gov cellaphone.Call the UHC OTC vendor and get her card number and pin number and enter in app and she is good to go for 6/1.Though she may call you next month to complain she could not buy her cigs and beer with her card .lol

So she can just show it on her phone at the register and they scan it ?Wheres the link I dint see it in the Apple store . Honestly I don’t think she has her own phone . I swear 80% of these dsnps are challenged to activate the card . The in education is a real challenge .

Yep

Done with it. Right, yep Travis...recently Humana called me for a client who wanted the DSNP. Rep got me on a 3 way with him... I pleasantly got off the phone and let them deal with it...didn't want that one either....she was trying to set me up with the guy 2 hour round trip to go do his...he sounded confused AF.

The only thing I even associate UHC with was the Golden Rule HSA/100 plans I still have on the books that are UHC now. Those hung in there. Those ones, when they age in will thank god not be asking me for Food cards ha

I'm not "ready to sell" with MAPD UHC, doubt I will be any time soon.

I have another one wanting me to sign her daughter on Humana DSNP tomr. Mom with 52 yr old daughter on disability...A good bit of DME. Not too many meds. But I can tell it's another walk away for me. I'd refer inside our organization, but they don't want to do them either.

I'm glad agents do these, these people definitely need help with it...had another lady about 3 weeks ago come in my office, told me local financial planner enrolled her Humana DSNP, and she has no clue how to use it. I did give her the run down, 5-10 minutes and got her out the door. UGH.

There's a steady stream for those who have that kind of patience.

Have a great week! Off to actually work this week. Want to get some GTL out the door also, and that DSNP mkt isn't going to help with that either.

So she can just show it on her phone at the register and they scan it ?Wheres the link I dint see it in the Apple store . Honestly I don’t think she has her own phone . I swear 80% of these dsnps are challenged to activate the card . The in education is a real challenge .

On playstore it is called healthy benefit+ i don't have an iphone but I imagine it is the same.yes they will scan from her phone.another nice thing is they can view their remaining balance easily-saves those calls from the snp clients asking how much more they have to spend.

DSNP is not something I care about. It's a pita. I appreciate people who run that book, it just ain't me.

Yah real PITA. Tried to give my tomr one away too...no one bit. ROFLMAO. Can't even give these ones away in our Mi office. These guys wont go on an appt that's not T65 that also has GTL opportunity...I see why...now I know. 100% sunk in...

I ended up just calling her...ball back in her court.

I know already why to stay away from DSNP, I didn't learn that fast enough. So I don't need to stay away from DSNP feedback. I already am going forward.

Heres an issue I'll have to deal with tomr, when I'd rather be stirring up better biz.

Lady calls, shes on Humana DSNP. Obviously has medicaid which becomes secondary payor and picks up the rest yada yada.

She was getting her incontinence supplies just fine for months. Then all of a sudden that company sends her a bill for over $200.

I called Humana, was transferred 3 times to wrong dept. Finally, get a seemingly more knowledgeable rep on the phone. She puts me on hold and calls the DME company. She comes back and literally calls DME company rep she talked to a "fricken ***" TWICE (true story I thought wtf, this is recorded line..laughed out loud--I'd prob get my ass handed to me for being unprofessional).

Humana Rep said it was medicaid's fault. Michigan Medicaid and mind you there's like 6 carriers in this area..says they quit using the DME company and won't pay them. The $200 plus bill was "cleared" so client won't be responsible. DME company supposedly eating it.

This was all Friday afternoon, and 45 mins so far. The Humana Rep then put me on hold again, said she was calling Michigan Medicaid, then when she came back said Nothing resolved, that I have to call Medicaid with the client bc they refuse to talk to her and won't talk to me....need to do this with the client present. So far now, no resolution this was ended after 5pm friday, going to pick it up tomr.

That's where it was left. I'm still very new at this, but not new with calling all necessary avenues to get to the bottom of an issue...thats a given no matter what line of biz, but wth. I've never had to deal with Medicaid this way...but I'll do it, no choice.

Any ideas would help. So many of these reps and whatnot get things wrong. Anyone know of an easier way to handle this. Bc even though they fixed the bill and that's not a thing. I still need to figure out who is responsible for her DME. Medicaid I'm pretty sure, but kind of confused.

DSNP/MAPD, yep....ugh...steer clear...very clear.

Medicare doesn't cover incontinence supplies or adult diapers.Was she on straight medicaid before you signed her up for Humana or was she on a original medicare with a state MMA medicaid as secondary? If so the incontinence supplies would have been covered on the extra benefits side of the MMA plan and now the supplies are covered on the extra benefit side of the Humana DSNP plan.The MMA plans terminates after a dual eligible enrolls in SNP MA

Medicare doesn't cover incontinence supplies or adult diapers.Was she on straight medicaid before you signed her up for Humana or was she on a original medicare with a state MMA medicaid as secondary? If so the incontinence supplies would have been covered on the extra benefits side of the MMA plan and now the supplies are covered on the extra benefit side of the Humana DSNP plan.The MMA plans terminates after a dual eligible enrolls in SNP MA
She was on Original Medicare and McLaren Medicaid through state of Michigan when I met with her and enrolled her in Humana DSNP

I called Humana, got transferred around there...no one could help until I got a 4th person on the phone and even that didn't help me figure it out. ugh. This rep seemed to really want to help and certainly tried but I was still left without an answer. She spent over an hour calling around. She called the DME company where she gets her supplies. She didn't get anywhere with that...

Then the rep called Mi Medicaid and didn't get anywhere. said she has to have the enrollee call herself. Then she told me that OTC is an option that she had $69 left on there to use. That's not really going to help much but might work for a bit.

The client told me she called the DME company and they told her she doesn't have McLaren Medicaid anymore and she still doesn't know what she has. Or how to fix this...and i surely am lost now.

Are you saying Humana DSNP is responsible? And that her Mclaren Medicaid would have terminated?

Last edited:
She was on Original Medicare and McLaren Medicaid through state of Michigan when I met with her and enrolled her in Humana DSNP

I called Humana, got transferred around there...no one could help until I got a 4th person on the phone and even that didn't help me figure it out. ugh. This rep seemed to really want to help and certainly tried but I was still left without an answer. She spent over an hour calling around. She called the DME company where she gets her supplies. She didn't get anywhere with that...

Then the rep called Mi Medicaid and didn't get anywhere. said she has to have the enrollee call herself. Then she told me that OTC is an option that she had $69 left on there to use. That's not really going to help much but might work for a bit.

The client told me she called the DME company and they told her she doesn't have McLaren Medicaid anymore and she still doesn't know what she has. Or how to fix this...and i surely am lost now.

Are you saying Humana DSNP is responsible? And that her Mclaren Medicaid would have terminated?

is “McLaren Medicaid” a LTSS (Long Term Services& Support)?
In Texas, these ppl are ALWAYS on SSI/Medicare. Each county in the major cities has 3 different Medicaid contractors that can be auto-assigned or chosen by the mb, We have a toll-free # for the beneficiary to switch LTSS provider or verify the LTSS carrier. Maybe there is a phone # like that in your state? They could at least verify the present carrier if it’s no longer McLaren.

is “McLaren Medicaid” a LTSS (Long Term Services& Support)?
In Texas, these ppl are ALWAYS on SSI/Medicare. Each county in the major cities has 3 different Medicaid contractors that can be auto-assigned or chosen by the mb, We have a toll-free # for the beneficiary to switch LTSS provider or verify the LTSS carrier. Maybe there is a phone # like that in your state? They could at least verify the present carrier if it’s no longer McLaren.

It's a regular Medicaid plan, not LTSS. :)

I thought DSNP was just going to be ok for the most part, everything is paid for bc what MAPD doesn't cover the Medicaid would pick up. How naive of me...lol.

She was supposed to call today, I'll probably hear from her tomr.

I'm sure it will get worked out. Luckily she has supplies but not for more than month. I'm thinking it will be just a change of supplier. Maybe I'm being naive here too though...lmao

Back