Approved Level with HIV?

You can go to this page to see their apps and products for yourself.. For the MDO, choose the Ordinary market:

https://www.cfglife.com/partners/publicForms

I just looked at their app and it clearly asks in question # 2 of the application which is a knock out question...."Has the Proposed insured ever tested positive for exposure to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), or been diagnosed as having Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), or AIDS related complex (ARC) caused by the HIV infection or other sickness or condition derived from such infection?"

I spoke with an underwriter for them before because I had a similar issue. They were as clear as day that they do not take individuals with HIV for their Final Expense and GI. I would be very careful then to send in an app knowing that even if the app doesn't ask that question. It's nice to make a buck now but the last thing you want is for a benefit to be denied or a policy rescinded when a family really needs. Fill the app and if you know this send a letter or note on the app to the underwriter just to cover your tail.

Good luck in The Villages. I wouldn't have thought that to be a good FE spot with average incomes around 60K. You should write some larger AP cases there I would think and a lot of grandchildren riders.

I spoke with an underwriter for them before because I had a similar issue. They were as clear as day that they do not take individuals with HIV for their Final Expense and GI. I would be very careful then to send in an app knowing that even if the app doesn't ask that question. It's nice to make a buck now but the last thing you want is for a benefit to be denied or a policy rescinded when a family really needs. Fill the app and if you know this send a letter or note on the app to the underwriter just to cover your tail.

If they don't ask, they can't legally rescind for it. They may do it and hope not to get caught, but it won't stand. You cannot make a material misrepresentation about something you were not asked.

They know most people will not fight if a FE sized policy is rescinded.

The product we are talking about is neither the final expense nor the GI.. Totally different app.

As for the GI, they do not ask any health questions of any kind of the applicant so they could never rescind or contest a claim based on medical history.

They do ask the agent to certify that he/ she has not knowledge that the person is 1) terminal, 2) confined or 3) intravenous drug abuser. I think you need to talk to another underwriter.

The product we are talking about is neither the final expense nor the GI.. Totally different app.

As for the GI, they do not ask any health questions of any kind of the applicant so they could never rescind or contest a claim based on medical history.

They do ask the agent to certify that he/ she has not knowledge that the person is 1) terminal, 2) confined or 3) intravenous drug abuser. I think you need to talk to another underwriter.

And even if the agent knew and said they did not, the company would still have no recourse against the insured, owner or beneficiary. The insured did not make a misrepresentation as they were not asked on the application.

Even doing something against the agent would be hard as it would all be he said, she said unless the agent had notes showing their knowledge.

And even if the agent knew and said they did not, the company would still have no recourse against the insured, owner or beneficiary. The insured did not make a misrepresentation as they were not asked on the application.

Even doing something against the agent would be hard as it would all be he said, she said unless the agent had notes showing their knowledge.

The only one they could prove would be "confined".. would be hard for the agent to deny he had knowledge of that since the medical records would provide a paper trail. As for the other two, it could not be proven that the agent had "knowledge"

Back