Ben Boman has you tube video on Fe telesales . Ain’t pretty

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Boman was part owner of efes . Efes has it had a big call center . He said that what telesales people aren’t selling you is how few policy’s go active . I was shocked . He said efes’s place rate was #1 or 2 with several carriers yet they only had around 50% placement rate . What that means is only 1 out of 2 policy’s that were issued even drafted the first draft . Means for 1 reason or another the client cancelled it before it drafted 1 time . Means the agent was sitting on huge chargebacks . So persistency of 80% like many outfits brag about don’t mean squat if 1/2 the business you write never drafts . Maybe jd was right about telesales .

Boman was part owner of efes . Efes has it had a big call center . He said that what telesales people aren’t selling you is how few policy’s go active . I was shocked . He said efes’s place rate was #1 or 2 with several carriers yet they only had around 50% placement rate . What that means is only 1 out of 2 policy’s that were issued even drafted the first draft . Means for 1 reason or another the client cancelled it before it drafted 1 time . Means the agent was sitting on huge chargebacks . So persistency of 80% like many outfits brag about don’t mean squat if 1/2 the business you write never drafts . Maybe jd was right about telesales .

Is it a recent video? Were the numbers call centers only or including independent agents?

thinking all the call centers used am am.. certainly never a low cost carrier.. hence open to replace from other call centers that dont use am am .. 50% not drafting seems way too high???? most should draft..

Is Ben no longer part owner of EFES? I noticed he's had a separate FMO site for some time.

https://www.finalexpenseservices.com/

Is it a recent video? Were the numbers call centers only or including independent agents?

I don’t know if efes had an in house call center or was like root and had independent agents sitting at home . Video was a month old.But one of roots top 20% in premium agents left there due to a combo of persistency and lead exp . He said he was doing $15-$20 k premium but only netting $4-$6 k a month . For instance the last month I had several nsf’s or account closed . I tried calling many times . No answer . Had to knock on their door and fix it . Any nsf after 12 months is calling only to fix . After 60 days it goes in with my leads and I treat it as writing another policy opp . I believe Boman sold his efes equity when efes sold out to Amerilife . Boman says he owns a tractor rental company and car mechanic shop . He said his goal was to make $15 mil this yr .

Last edited:
But one of roots top 20% in premium agents left there due to a combo of persistency and lead exp . He said he was doing $15-$20 k premium but only netting $4-$6 k a month . For instance the last month I had several nsf’s or account closed

Last time I checked into it, Jeff's FE leads were quite reasonable, but that was over two years ago. Persistency in FE is historically meh... God bless agents that work with poor people. Making sales is never the issue, making sure they pay and keep paying seems to be the problem.

That's too much work for me.

It's the same reason I don't market duals. There's just too much muck in it.

Back