Ben Boman has you tube video on Fe telesales . Ain’t pretty

Last time I checked into it, Jeff's FE leads were quite reasonable, but that was over two years ago. Persistency in FE is historically meh... God bless agents that work with poor people. Making sales is never the issue, making sure they pay and keep paying seems to be the problem.

That's too much work for me.

It's the same reason I don't market duals. There's just too much muck in it.

Good analogy. The duals are pretty much the FE demographic.

And agreed, duals are very high maintenance. Much more than life. I had close to 1000 MA clients at one time. The vast majority were duals. And that was when they had a continuous SEP. And they pretty much all learned to weaponize that continuous SEP.

I got out of that once the debil bought CMS and never looked back.

My FE persistency is great and not much maintenance to keep it there.

Speaking of Root, they do have a whole dept dedicated to helping his agents with placement and persistency.

That was Boman's experience, but sure generalize a f2f agency having a go at a call center and make a thread about it. There are certain things telesales agents need to do to increase placement/persistency - I bet these things weren't done.

Like I said in my reply in another thread with you bringing this up...Ask any carrier rep and they'll say our telesales block has the same placement rate as their f2f block.

I dont sell FE But I do medicare over the phone since 2008,And from 2006 to 2010 I also did Maj med, Before that I did other sales over the phone

And Honestly 50% placement rate is impossible unless they are just high pressuring people into buying things they don't know what they bought or even know they bought something

Even if its just a matter of being over priced as I understand some who sell FE over the phone do I still think 50% is not real

Now I do Know I run into from time to time someone who bought a Medicare plan from a call center they didn't know they bought anything till something came in the mail

This type of tactics could be used as said call center

If so it would not make the states worth looking at though

Just don't scam people and you wont have such bad stats

Now I am not saying if its worth selling FE over the phone or not Just saying there is no way to have a 50% placement rate if your not doing something wrong

Its just not possible

I don’t know if efes had an in house call center or was like root and had independent agents sitting at home . Video was a month old.But one of roots top 20% in premium agents left there due to a combo of persistency and lead exp . He said he was doing $15-$20 k premium but only netting $4-$6 k a month . For instance the last month I had several nsf’s or account closed . I tried calling many times . No answer . Had to knock on their door and fix it . Any nsf after 12 months is calling only to fix . After 60 days it goes in with my leads and I treat it as writing another policy opp . I believe Boman sold his efes equity when efes sold out to Amerilife . Boman says he owns a tractor rental company and car mechanic shop . He said his goal was to make $15 mil this yr .

Yeah, if I only had a 90 percent persistency I would be changing something. I had my first issue draft nsf in many years a month ago. If took me a couple of calls to fix it. Frustrated the crap out of me. I am 25 percent, maybe as earned, with TA so the charge back wouldn't have been a big deal. But my time is. I am not chasing anyone.

I like Ben

I sell a little over the phone now . On the fe clientele it’s impossible to get the loyalty over the phone like you do face to face .On mortgage protection and med sup yes . But not on fe or mapd . 90% of what I replace on both was sold over the phone . I love running into phone sales . Keep up the sales .

But not on fe or mapd .

MAPD you absolutely can. Duals, maybe not. That's more of FE type of clientele and more open to being vultured

It's really important that you differentiate between MAPD and DSNP. Yes, it's an MAPD plan, but they have completely different rules.

I sell a little over the phone now . On the fe clientele it’s impossible to get the loyalty over the phone like you do face to face .On mortgage protection and med sup yes . But not on fe or mapd . 90% of what I replace on both was sold over the phone . I love running into phone sales . Keep up the sales .

You out of your mind, I have done Med Supp ,MAPD, PDP over the phone since 2008

as independent since 2011

Back