Books That Every Agents Should Read ?

I'd like to second the recommendation for SPIN Selling and further suggest you get the Fieldbook rather than the text.

The text goes into all the details about the research and the Fieldbook focuses on putting what you learn into action.

Wow I am excited. I just snagged "Savage on Selling" by John Savage (1994) off of Ebay for $4.99 including shipping. What a steal and an addition to my collection of John Savage. This should be another great book.

Let us know how it is!
Wow I am excited. I just snagged "Savage on Selling" by John Savage (1994) off of Ebay for $4.99 including shipping. What a steal and an addition to my collection of John Savage. This should be another great book.

What a great thread....

It has been mentioned, however for me the book/audio cd, that has had the most positive impact on not only selling but my life is "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson... The Slight Edge is always working... You are either getting better or your getting worse...

Agreed, I listed that book early on in this thread but it bears repeating!!

What a great thread....

It has been mentioned, however for me the book/audio cd, that has had the most positive impact on not only selling but my life is "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson... The Slight Edge is always working... You are either getting better or your getting worse...

If you have ignored advice about reading "The Wedge," you're doing yourself a disservice.

Great thread. I need to get a bunch of these. I definitely second (or third or fourth) Frank Bettger's book. It's an older book but the principles are timeless. Another one I read years ago is Joe Girard's How to Close Every Sale. I remember it being good, but it didn't make as much of an impression as Bettger's.

I have a couple of books by Todd Duncan that I don't think I've ever read through. They are High Trust Selling and Killing the Sale. For anyone who has read those, how would you rate them?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just realized how old this thread is. But it looks to be the longest book thread on here. I think I must have come across it after reading these newer threads:

Books to Read? - Page 4

Books Just Ordered from Amazon

Just found this one too: http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...es-marketing-book-youve-ever-read-t16340.html

Last edited:
Back