Cancer Plans??

Semantics. Cancer plan is generic for CI

Never heard anyone say that a cancer plan is the same as a critical illness plan.

I thought cancer plans covered cancer only. When YOU say cancer plans, are your really talking about critical illness that covers 12-25 illnesses?

Rick

At least that is what I mean. When I say cancer plan I mean CI. I always clarify for the customer. A lot of them do not know that these plans cover more than just cancer. In my dads case, back then the only thing available were cancer only plans

deadhead said:
At least that is what I mean. When I say cancer plan I mean CI. I always clarify for the customer. A lot of them do not know that these plans cover more than just cancer. In my dads case, back then the only thing available were cancer only plans

If you mean Critical Illness then say it. There are stand alone cancer plans and people sell them. We sell an intangible product its not like a Honda where the client takes it for a test drive. The test drive on these plans is when they trigger an illness and there is no going back.

Rick cost would be the reason someone would sell stand alone cancer over a critical illness policy.

There are still people doing it and making money at it. I think Family Heritage is still working the crew system and canvassing from door to door with a ROP cancer product.

They say the market is anyone who has never had cancer..but the most receptive age group is 40- 50 year old.. Women tend to be a bit more receptive than men but men will most definitely buy it.

One thing about it is that everyone knows someone who has or has had cancer and people think it is getting to be more and more prevalent. There si not a Sunday that goes by that someone in our small church does notrequest prayer for a person who ahs just be diagnosed. When I was diagnosed with throat cancer, there were 4 other fellows in my group of personal aqauitances that were diagnosed with the same cancer within a period of about two months.

Some folks don't believe in cancer plans.. I do. And, if I had my career to do over, I would probably would have never changed from concentrating my efforts in that market.

As for money to be made, the average commission per policy is around $350 per application first year and $100 per year for the life of the policy after the first year. When you consider the fact that the market is much broader than that for many products in that you can write it on folks 18-85 (depending on the company) and that anyone who has not had HIV or internal cancer (last 10 years with most companies) there is a possibility to make a very good living selling cancer plans.

It is a simple, uncomplicated one call sale. Some describe it as a true salesman's product.

I am very interested in anything that has to do with selling cancer plans...

Was diagnoised with thyroid cancer 3 weeks ago. I been approved by Medico for first occurance lump sum of $ 25,000. Waiting for my check, should get it next week.

Back