Cant Afford It Rebuttals?

Good stuff AgentGuy & Rearden.

I tend to agree that if you can have some tie down statements towards the front end it usually increases one's closing percentage.

Some previously mentioned are, "Ms. Jones if we find a benefit that you qualify for today within your budget?

or Ms. Jones many find that the $50 range (whatever number) is ideal for them coverage/budget-wise; based on that would you say that the 50 range or 70 range works best within your budget?"

At the end though, as Doug said, re circle the wagon shaking their head in regards to that's the covg they need, the best they can qualify for at the best rate, they can trust you so let's go ahead and at least start at a minimum today; only makes sense...now give me your money! (I kid I kid).

They have to have two things; the ability to pay and the willingness to pay. The willingness you can work on. The ability you can't.

Yes you can, if it's all about priorities, if they see importance of insurance they will cancel the cable.

Looks like you are trying to disagree Jack, but your example actually illustrates my point perfectly!

Taking their cable $$$ to fund insurance (good luck with that - showing 'em your driver's license probably ain't gonna help) is a good example of working on their willingness to pay.

OTOH, if they're so broke they don't have cable in the first place, you're s-o-l. That's what I mean by ability to pay.

Capisce?

I ran an appointment the other day where the lady said she has 30+ Chihuahuas in her 900 square foot home.

Appointment was at the door; should I call animal control?

Don't think you'd want in that place. That's a lot of little piles of crap to try and side step!:twitchy:

Obviously, the rebuttal varies based on the client's individual situation. The main thing with addressing this objection is just to continue to probe and ask questions to find the root of the objection.

There are those who, as some people have mentioned, say this because they have not yet built trust in you, so you just have to continue dialogue with them to make them understand the importance of protecting their family from this large financial burden. My favorite saying to this group is "You're telling me you can't afford this, but based on everything I've heard here today, you can't afford not to!" Then proceed to recap the buying signals you should have gotten when you did the rapport building before the presentation.

There are others who, quite frankly, really can't afford it. There are people out there living on $1000 or less of Social Security per month. After food and bills, it doesn't leave much. You can try to come up with certain things to help them budget, but it's a judgement call. If your probing leads you to believe they can't afford, it's not a good idea to try to force it on them. It's only going to end up being a chargeback in a month or two anyway.

Obviously, the rebuttal varies based on the client's individual situation. The main thing with addressing this objection is just to continue to probe and ask questions to find the root of the objection.

There are those who, as some people have mentioned, say this because they have not yet built trust in you, so you just have to continue dialogue with them to make them understand the importance of protecting their family from this large financial burden. My favorite saying to this group is "You're telling me you can't afford this, but based on everything I've heard here today, you can't afford not to!" Then proceed to recap the buying signals you should have gotten when you did the rapport building before the presentation.

There are others who, quite frankly, really can't afford it. There are people out there living on $1000 or less of Social Security per month. After food and bills, it doesn't leave much. You can try to come up with certain things to help them budget, but it's a judgement call. If your probing leads you to believe they can't afford, it's not a good idea to try to force it on them. It's only going to end up being a chargeback in a month or two anyway.

I would guess that 80% of my writes are on people that make less than $1000/mo.

Back