Cant Afford It Rebuttals?

To expand on what JD and Moonlight said, sometimes you just need to go back and re attempt to build trust.

Each situation is different but I will do a variation of the following.

1. Show my Insurance License! Go over how I have been helping people with insurance for a very long time and that tonight when I get home I am going to get a very good night sleep because I know that I did everything possible to make sure that my clients don't leave their family stuck with unnecessary debt when they die.

2. I explain that this is how I make my living and that the last thing I need to do is to lie to them and have them report me to the insurance department. I tell them that there is nothing worse than being lied to, cheated, stolen from and beaten. My job is to help them, not to hurt them!

3. Show my Drivers License! Tell them that I want them to understand that I am exactly who I appear to be and that today I am going to do everything possible to make sure that they have some type of coverage.

Even after I have dropped the price as much as possible, I will go back and show them one last option, this may be the same as what I already showed them.

I will say the following!

"Now that we know that you love your wife/family/children/etc... and that i'm not here to hurt you, Can I Make A Suggestion?.......... Let's start with the bottom option! Having something is better than nothing and later on if you can afford more, we can get you more, and the insurance company won't even take your first payment until next month after your Social Security date! Go ahead and grab your ID or Drivers License!"

Then I pull out the application and he's either going for it or not!;)

They have to have two things; the ability to pay and the willingness to pay. The willingness you can work on. The ability you can't.

True.

I borrowed my final expense presentation approach from Tim Winders.

I believe in selling "premium" versus selling "face amount," namely because (a) I want to trial close the suspect on a monthly budget prior to presenting my product, so I know ahead of time if they are serious about investing part of their monthly income into a burial insurance program, and (b), I don't want to waste time selling a supposed prospect that's actually a suspect.

Admittedly I do not have the testicular fortitude that Tim has, asking for the "big bucks" when I ask for the premium. Instead, I generally start in a range that will be enough to satisfy what their needs are, based on the fact-finding I did earlier.

Point is, if the suspect cannot commit to a minimal monthly budget (generally $15-$25 a month), after I've spent time building rapport and trust, then I pack my bags and leave.

You can't help some people, and I'd rather spend time working with a prospect than waiting for a cat to bark.

Back