Cant Afford It Rebuttals?

Lol I've yet to see one person making more than $1k a month with ssdi or social security the past 2 months. The biggest avg I here is around $750.

So you help people cancel their cable/dish service in order to find money to pay for final expense? Is that correct?

I don't help cancel anything, all I'm saying is can't afford is very subjective, when we are talking about 30$ a month, 90% of people that say can't afford it, if they really thought it was important to them, they could move their budget around & push insurance, because a lot of people actually do it.

It's all about priorities.

Lol I've yet to see one person making more than $1k a month with ssdi or social security the past 2 months. The biggest avg I here is around $750.

But then you throw in SNAP, WIC, rent subsidies, etc. it would come to well over 1K per month.

I don't help cancel anything, all I'm saying is can't afford is very subjective, when we are talking about 30$ a month, 90% of people that say can't afford it, if they really thought it was important to them, they could move their budget around & push insurance, because a lot of people actually do it. It's all about priorities.

My Dad was a financial wreck before he died.
Owed Uncle Sam 30k+, lived in a trailer home and was behind on "rent", needed help with heating during the winter months in the North East, credit cards maxed out. There was ONE bill that he never missed a payment on, and that was his life insurance. He was not proud of the situation he put himself in. But in no way, did he want my brother and I to be in a position to fork out money to deal with his death.

The phone...not important. I added him to my plan so at least we could be in contact. He hated the fact that I was paying it.

Not everyone is wired that way. He made his bed. He was willing to lie in it and was not willing to accept help. And one thing was for damn sure....he wasn't going to make his problems his kids problems.

I think we all know how strong and proud past generations were. There's still people like that out there today. And in some degree, I have to believe at the core of most people...the flame is there. Just not as strong.

I regularly think about my dad's situation and how what I'm doing is HELPING PEOPLE. Not everyone wants the help. I get it. But some people DO need to see there are very limited options. I just do my best and help them, share my story, and hopefully they know my 'soul' mission is to help them leave SOMETHING for their family to take care of final expenses. I don't care if I have to quote a 2k policy.

My Dad was a financial wreck before he died.
Owed Uncle Sam 30k+, lived in a trailer home and was behind on "rent", needed help with heating during the winter months in the North East, credit cards maxed out. There was ONE bill that he never missed a payment on, and that was his life insurance. He was not proud of the situation he put himself in. But in no way, did he want my brother and I to be in a position to fork out money to deal with his death.

The phone...not important. I added him to my plan so at least we could be in contact. He hated the fact that I was paying it.

Not everyone is wired that way. He made his bed. He was willing to lie in it and was not willing to accept help. And one thing was for damn sure....he wasn't going to make his problems his kids problems.

I think we all know how strong and proud past generations were. There's still people like that out there today. And in some degree, I have to believe at the core of most people...the flame is there. Just not as strong.

I regularly think about my dad's situation and how what I'm doing is HELPING PEOPLE. Not everyone wants the help. I get it. But some people DO need to see there are very limited options. I just do my best and help them, share my story, and hopefully they know my 'soul' mission is to help them leave SOMETHING for their family to take care of final expenses. I don't care if I have to quote a 2k policy.

If the family is willing to do a cremation, $2K will cover it.. Funeral home here does a basic cremation for $695 but their average that includes a memorial service at their chapel is $995.

Back