CE and you or whomever

Cornelius

Guru
1000 Post Club
As we know not everyone does CE at different times. Just for grins what's the earliest some get it out of the way or what's the oh snap time frame of having to get it done?

Has anyone ever heard of someone who just forgot to get it done and ended up with unnecessary fees and or dropped appointments?

I don't wait until the absolute last minute, but I usually get it and all my renewal stuff done with around a few weeks or a month or two to spare. I have a feeling that I am pretty typical, but we'll see.

I do my CE the month immediately following my license renewal. I don't wait and I don't leave anything to chance.

My license renews every other August. I think I posted last September that I did all my required CE in less than one hour?

I take care of:
- Annuity CE (4 hour)
- LTC CE (8 hour)
- Ethics CE (3 hour minimum; Sandi Kruise has a 16 hour CE ethics course I do)
- Anti-Money Laundering (I think it's 4 hours).

This is enough CE for all my insurance license requirements (24 hours every two years) and my American College designations (30 hours every two years), and usually I have enough for my IARFC RFC designation (40 hours every two years). If not, the unlimited subscription is easy to find another course to make up for any lack of CE.

I just get it done so if/when a company asks for it, I'm current and compliant within the last two years.

I'm in California and if anyone is curious, I've been using Sandi Kruise for my CE provider for a long time. I get the unlimited subscription for 1 year for Life & Health.

www.kruise.com

I got my renewal date confused when my resident state changed the guidelines and I completed my 24 credits over a year ahead of time. I did work with an agent who forgot and was unable to bind coverage for 6 months by his carrier AFTER he completed his CE.

I just want California to grandfather my elderly old ass in.

It almost doesn't matter because California would still require annuity CE and LTC CE if you sell those products even after being licensed consecutively for 30 years.

Annuity and LTC CE requirement:
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Continuing Education Program Requirements

CE Exemption rules. (30 years licensing AND be over 70 years old... so I have a ways to go...)
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Continuing Education Exemption

It almost doesn't matter because California would still require annuity CE and LTC CE if you sell those products even after being licensed consecutively for 30 years.

Annuity and LTC CE requirement:
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Continuing Education Program Requirements

CE Exemption rules. (30 years licensing AND be over 70 years old... so I have a ways to go...)
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Continuing Education Exemption

No LTC and not going to be doing Annuities any longer. And knock knock knocking on heaven's door, er,,, I mean 70 so soon.

Reactions: DHK
Back