Checking Account Numbers. What Now ?

I'm working in Virginia for the summer,and Settlers is a household name over here. More than half of the people you run into have a policy with them or know about them. I'm making them my "go to" while I'm around here.
Are you saying they are not the right company because it's their responsibility to get it right since you furnished them a copy of the voided check ?

No, I'm saying they will find another problem once you get theis one taken care of.

You obviously don't want to get it taken care of with the bank so you other choice is to deal with another company that's so anal.

Personally, I would have taken care of this with the bank before I ever sent in the application. I recently had one that had some numbers offset from the rest of the numbers. The client was telling me that those number were part of the account number and had to be included. I called the bank anyway. The bank said that I should not include those numbers. I didn't and the draft went through just fine.

Last edited:
Obviously you haven't had any luck with Settlers. They seem like a nice little company to work with. Do you think other companies would help out,read the account number correctly,enter it into the system correctly ?

The amount of misinformation in this thread is in no short supply. Ill tell you how to guarantee that you never mess up account info.

1. If its late a night and the bank is closed, do the smart thing and hold the app and 3 way call the bank the next day.

2. If they wont give you clarification over the phone, ask them if their bank statements clearly show the entire account number. If they do, have your client (cuz you are on a 3 way call) request a recent bank statement be sent out to them. Get verbal confirmation as to when the statement should be arriving so you know when to follow up. A deal next week is better than a Not taken.

3. Never get routing numbers online unless its directly from the banks website. Never google "wells fargo routing number Sacramento, ca" or something similar. You are foolish to do so as those sites are seldom updated and frequently inaccurate.

4. Routing numbers are public info. If any retard bank rep tries to deny you the routing number, just tell them thank you and you need to speak with their manager. Someone will give it to you. Only uninformed bank employees will refuse which is why you go over them as many times necessary until you run into someone who knows its public info.

5. Lastly, never leave anything up to anyone else but yourself. You are the one who is responsible for your own business. Never expect some hourly paid insurance company rep to get your business right. They don't care one tenth as much as you about your business. You do whatever it takes to get it right.

I have been doing telesales for years and in my line of work, you either find ways to ensure the bank info is right, or you are out of business. This is what I do, and its ultraaaaaaaaaaa rare I ever get account info wrong.

Hope this helps.

That's a really good unbiased answer. Most answers you get on this forum have some sort of slant,either humor,some sort of grudge,stupidity,or someone not reading the entire op's original question.
This forum has become the "facebook" for insurance agents.
And just imagine,a quality answer from a forum member who joined less than 1 year ago.
You cleaned it up on this one.
Awesome dude !

That's a really good unbiased answer. Most answers you get on this forum have some sort of slant,either humor,some sort of grudge,stupidity,or someone not reading the entire op's original question.
And just imagine,a quality answer from a forum member who joined less than 1 year ago.
Awesome dude !

So you're going to take his advice and contact the bank...much like everyone else has told you to do?

Awesome dude !

Noah, read your post and tell us you are not guilty of being snide. You posted a question on the same forum you are knocking and got answers from the same people you are knocking. Just saying.

Obviously you haven't had any luck with Settlers. They seem like a nice little company to work with. Do you think other companies would help out,read the account number correctly,enter it into the system correctly ?

You have been warned. Do wtever you wish with that warning.

The amount of misinformation in this thread is in no short supply. Ill tell you how to guarantee that you never mess up account info. 1. If its late a night and the bank is closed, do the smart thing and hold the app and 3 way call the bank the next day. 2. If they wont give you clarification over the phone, ask them if their bank statements clearly show the entire account number. If they do, have your client (cuz you are on a 3 way call) request a recent bank statement be sent out to them. Get verbal confirmation as to when the statement should be arriving so you know when to follow up. A deal next week is better than a Not taken. 3. Never get routing numbers online unless its directly from the banks website. Never google "wells fargo routing number Sacramento, ca" or something similar. You are foolish to do so as those sites are seldom updated and frequently inaccurate. 4. Routing numbers are public info. If any retard bank rep tries to deny you the routing number, just tell them thank you and you need to speak with their manager. Someone will give it to you. Only uninformed bank employees will refuse which is why you go over them as many times necessary until you run into someone who knows its public info. 5. Lastly, never leave anything up to anyone else but yourself. You are the one who is responsible for your own business. Never expect some hourly paid insurance company rep to get your business right. They don't care one tenth as much as you about your business. You do whatever it takes to get it right. I have been doing telesales for years and in my line of work, you either find ways to ensure the bank info is right, or you are out of business. This is what I do, and its ultraaaaaaaaaaa rare I ever get account info wrong. Hope this helps.

My name is thad sipple and I also approve this message 100% correct.

Just saying,there are posts that are helpful,then posts from those that appear to come from people with nothing better to do but attack,make silly jokes,victimize,insult the op.
Some people just need to grow up,or put the bottle down.
I appreciate and respect the posters,comments who take the business and this forum seriously.
Everyone knows who they are,and what value they bring to the table.
Knuff said.

Latest posts

Back