Client mad at me

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I wrote as policy on an older woman at least 10 years ago and she made the man she had lived with for years her beneficiary. She died yesterday and now I find out that her 2 daughters changed the beneficiary lately even though the premiums were paid out of the couples checking account. I know both daughters and didn't know they had done this. Not much I can do about it is there?

I wrote as policy on an older woman at least 10 years ago and she made the man she had lived with for years her beneficiary. She died yesterday and now I find out that her 2 daughters changed the beneficiary lately even though the premiums were paid out of the couples checking account. I know both daughters and didn't know they had done this. Not much I can do about it is there?
How did they change it? The policyowner would have had to sign for it.

No need for the client to be mad at you, he should be mad at the daughters and ask to see the change form. As a professional with an elderly parent living in my home I could easily have talked her into many changes in her contracts but most people are not like that and look out for themselves. Had you called her and asked if she wanted to go over her policy you would probably have received a "NO"

"Client mad at me"

What is she going to do to you? She is dead.

Sorry, I could not help myself.

As Fed up said, it comes down to the bene change form. Now after the fact it may be difficult for the boyfriend to get any info. However, I would have asked the company who requested the form, where was it mailed or emailed to, and if the signature matches the app. I normally have a photocopy of the ID in the file that would have a signed copy anyway.

I consider the boyfriend her husband since they lived together so long. He is a client too and the one that is upset. The wife, girlfriend, went into rehab months ago so I assume the daughters convinced her to make changes. They are not the children of the husband. I knew nothing about this.

I consider the boyfriend her husband since they lived together so long. He is a client too and the one that is upset. The wife, girlfriend, went into rehab months ago so I assume the daughters convinced her to make changes. They are not the children of the husband. I knew nothing about this.
He has no reason to be mad at you. You were not involved in the change and since she did not notify you there was no way you could have known it was being done. Explain that do him and tell him you will assist in any way you can and then move on as there is really nothing you can do.

Back