Your client dies within contestable period, and the beneficiary calls

The flipside of these is a Colonial Penn policy I started for a woman who was looking out for her nephew who was homeless and living on the streets at the time. I needed his SSN and she was taking forever to find him and get the information. She supplied the info mid day Monday but called to tell me that he had been stabbed to death Sunday night. I called Colonial Penn to withdraw the app and they wanted timeline details in an effort to determine if they could pay because he did not die from any of the Graded complications.

Accidental death... well, it sounds that way. That is immediately covered. Companies will often look for cases like this to pay, because it can look good for them if they are audited.

That's a cool story. If you don't mind letting us know how that turns out, I would appreciate it.

Not necessarily paid on accidental. If it in the contestable period it may not pay on accidental either.

unless you’re talking about stave alone AD&D?

term of endearment in some parts of the country, especially compared to A-hole, D-head, MFer, Dirty Rotten B#**, PIA

I must say though, calling a customer a "sucker" is somewhat reflective upon the agent, and not in the most endearing fashion.

I would like to think of my most troublesome clients as hemroids as opposed to sucksrs.

Yes, they remain a pain in my butt, but it's not because I suckered them. :laugh::yes:

I must say though, calling a customer a "sucker" is somewhat reflective upon the agent, and not in the most endearing fashion.

I would like to think of my most troublesome clients as hemroids as opposed to sucksrs.

Yes, they remain a pain in my butt, but it's not because I suckered them. :laugh::yes:
in the OP defense, it wasnt a customer he was calling a sucker, he was calling the bene a sucker.............LOL. I bet he is more of a Pot licker anyway

Accidental death... well, it sounds that way. That is immediately covered. Companies will often look for cases like this to pay, because it can look good for them if they are audited.

That's a cool story. If you don't mind letting us know how that turns out, I would appreciate it.
In all honesty I had to withdraw the application because the insured was dead before the missing information was supplied

In all honesty I had to withdraw the application because the insured was dead before the missing information was supplied

Did you take money on a conditional receipt?

Why was the application at the company?

Was it signed?

Should have been held in your office, unsigned, until you had all the necessary information.

I'm thinking about the ways you might have ended up with an E&O claim. I know, long ago and you didn't. But something to think about.

Did you take money on a conditional receipt?

Why was the application at the company?

Was it signed?

Should have been held in your office, unsigned, until you had all the necessary information.

I'm thinking about the ways you might have ended up with an E&O claim. I know, long ago and you didn't. But something to think about.

most life apps today are electronic. many have multiple steps to complete each phase. Maybe e-signature, maybe phone interview, maybe an exam, maybe getting bank information, maybe getting beneficiary data.

Life app may have not been complete to submit as the e-apps wont allow it to submit until fully complete. It will sit in the e-app vendor illustration/application software until fully completed when it automatically sends to carrier where they see it for the 1st time

conditional receipt, if part of the case, wouldnt even generate until all completed steps for the case to be in good order to transfer to carrier

I have one right now . . This client has been with his live in in 30 yrs . I wrote an awesome 30 k sagicor Simplified issue in 2015 . She was 46 . An agent or someone cancelled it in 2019 . He calls me in 2021 not knowing what happened to it . I was no longer with sagicor so I never saw the lapse . Anyway rewrote her $30 k with another carrier . She died 18 months later . The sucker calls me as she’s dead looking at her ( she died of heart attack ) and they hadn’t picked her body up . I told him the procedure and he starts railing like it’s 2 yr wait . I said no but they’ll investigate. He said all she had was high blood . Then he slipped up and said she smoked . She answered no to that and I never saw her smoking . I suspect she lied about other things . 2 days later he calls me from funeral home on speaker phone . Funeral guy asks Will this pay anything now . I said you understand contestable. If she told the truth it pays . He mumbles it ain’t paying . The beneficiary starts railing you sold me 2 year wait and accused me of replacing the sagicor. Now understand this guy can hardly read and thinks everything’s fraud . I simply hung up on him . He calls back and apologizes . Anyway I decided no matter what I do He’ll be railing weekly . I’m not taking abuse from anyone.In the end I highly doubt it pays after he said she smoked. I decided to cut my loses and blocked him . I called to report the death the next day but the sucker already called it in . I have his Medicare and life . I fired him .

I was taking an app today on a lady,78,COPD NT. After looking at all her meds,I was writing her Trans Standard.

We get into the health questions and when asked about stroke she said about a month ago,her hand went numb when she was using her computer so she went to the ER to see about it.

They did an MRI and took her vitals,sent her home in the morning. They think she had a mini stroke but they weren’t sure. No meds were prescribed. Only follow up is in February.

How do you advise her to answer the question?

Back